16/0 crank and handle rehab

Started by The Great Maudu, July 16, 2018, 03:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Maudu

I'm in the UP right now. I'll be back possibly Saturday. I'll let you know brother and maybe we can get together at my house or yours on Sunday. If not this weekend I'm around all next weekend. Be good to catch up.

broadway

If you're in the UP than you have some nice weather but wow, what a cool morning. I'm 10 miles from the mackinaw Bridge visiting Mom and it was 47 this morning.
Enjoy your trip,
Dom

The Great Maudu

Yes sir! This is truly a sportsman's paradise. It felt good to be chilly last night after being in 100 degree Kentucky heat and humidity. We're here for wedding but hoping to get in a little Fly fishing too. Be safe Brother and enjoy the time with your mom. Are you in Leland?

broadway

Thanks Mike! I know what you mean about how good the cool dry air feels because it's been a bear in NYC also. I'm in Petoskey MI and a little north of there. We aren't "fishing" this trip (sadly) but hope to get a bluegill or two on the line at the local pond.
Have a great trip and a successful fishing trip.
Enjoy bro
Dom

54bullseye

Quote from: The Great Maudu on July 16, 2018, 05:38:54 PM
I believe this is definitely an earlier reel. There are no part numbers visible on any external pieces. According to Mike C's book the only significant change to the 16/0 was in its 50+ year run was moving the bridge assembly  to the 7 o'clock position.

Mike they changed the drags on the early 16/0s and 14/0s from the early small "same size as 12/0s to bigger set ups in around 1942/43 or there abouts !!  Brian  "Oceanreels"  know dates better than me.   John Taylor

54bullseye

Guess I should have read whole thread before responding !!  Mike C. beat me   Lol !!!   John Taylor

The Great Maudu

Always good to hear from you anyway my friend. Maybe we can hook up sometime somewhere and fish the monsters.

54bullseye

Quote from: The Great Maudu on July 18, 2018, 10:25:32 PM
Always good to hear from you anyway my friend. Maybe we can hook up sometime somewhere and fish the monsters.

PEI next fall you welcome to come !!!   John

The Great Maudu

Sounds good to me. The only obstacle would be a conflict with a hunting trip or a karate tournament. Fall is always packed. I'm assuming PEI is Prince Edward Island. Do you fly there or boat?