Avet STAR DRAG Reels

Started by ez2cdave, July 16, 2018, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez2cdave

It looks like Avet might be coming out with some Star Drag reels . . .

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlLci9Mlxtm/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlEkMPclY71/

Tight Lines !

David Hall

I sent them an email asking about it.  No prices, no release date, not on their website?  I saw it on Facebook?
Cmon we all know they can do better than that.  It is a sweet looking reel and I'm looking forward to learning more about them.

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

akfish

I can't believe they'd make it without a clicker -- but they did offer only optional clickers on their fist reels...
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

mike1010

It will be interesting to see whether they stick with a single dog for anti-reverse, or maybe go full monty with an ARB.

mikeysm

It better be trick or it won't do well.

Mike

ez2cdave

Quote from: mikeysm on July 17, 2018, 07:11:13 PM
It better be trick or it won't do well.

Mike

In that case, if you really want one, grab it quick, before they go out of production !

Tight Lines !

basto

Looks good on the outside. I like the allen head screws.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

ez2cdave

sabaman1

Hmm thats interesting, I'd like to think that this site has resurrected the recent comeback of the narrow star drag reels as of late! Afterall Newell, Tiburon, and Accurate made these possible for us many years ago.
JIM

Rivverrat

This place has most likely had some effect. But with Penn being the only US maker of benchmark quality  & pretty much having that market to themselves in this regard it's easy to see some may think there is room to test the market.

Also it doesnt take to long for an avid lever drag user to be fishing next to a star drag fisherman & in certain scenarios not notice a difference in favor of the star drag. Until someone finds a way to disconnect the drag from the spool of the lever drag during a cast the star will always be better tossing lite stuff.

I came into lever drags late. Never turning down a chance to use all the older models I could get my hands on to gain a better understanding of where they are at today. It's really a pretty amazing thing how far they've come.   While so many are fond of saying, the margin between the two has narrowed  I still believe the star drag rules in certain fishing situations also regarding durability & dependability.

People who catch fish regularly dont accomplish this by running dumb. So I suspect a lot of them have noticed or agree with something I've brought up here... Jeff

mike1010

I had sent them a letter a few years ago suggesting that there was probably a business opportunity for them to build a good, US-made star drag reel at a reasonable price point.  Never had a reply, and always thought that meant they didn't want to dilute their lever drag marketing message.  I don't for a minute think I persuaded them, but it's good to see them entering this market.

David Hall

I can't wait to hold one and check it out for myself.

ez2cdave

Has anyone heard any recent updates ?

Tight Lines !

Swami805

I think they've started delivering to some outlets,just the 300 & 400 models. Haven't seen a schematic anywhere yet. Interested to see the drag set-up.
Do what you can with that you have where you are