Avet STAR DRAG Reels

Started by ez2cdave, July 16, 2018, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Charkbait who put Avet on the map does not have them yet. Not to say others don't but I know Avet would release to them before many others. Charkbait was the largest seller of A et reels for many years and is one of the top resellers to be his day

ez2cdave

Quote from: Swami805 on October 07, 2018, 01:52:55 AM
I think they've started delivering to some outlets,just the 300 & 400 models. Haven't seen a schematic anywhere yet. Interested to see the drag set-up.

Thanks for the update . . .

The "300" and "400" reels must refer to Accurate's new reels, not Avet's ?

I haven't seen any specs for the Avet reels.

Tight Lines !

ez2cdave

Still no information on a release data . . . Anyone got any info ?

Tight Lines !

MarkT

Maybe they're having second thoughts after Accurate got to the market first.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

SoCalAngler

Naw, with Avet just like Accurate, reels is just a small part of their business. Avet in the past has slow rolled out reels before, the release of the HX when it first came out comes to mind. I feel other bigger things may come up in their business and the reels kind of take a back seat.

They will be out when their ready and for people that know Avet the slow release should really not come as a big surprise.

akfish

Hmm. Reels are a small part of Avet's business? What is the big part?
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

SoCalAngler

Quote from: akfish on November 20, 2018, 06:09:27 PM
Hmm. Reels are a small part of Avet's business? What is the big part?

Google Avet Industries Corp. Their main business is a job machine shop.

ez2cdave

There have been ZERO updates from Avet, on their new Star Drag reels . . . Disappointing !

Tight Lines !

ez2cdave

There is ZERO new info about the star drag Avet reels.

I wonder if they decided not to produce them, since they have always promoted their reels by claiming how superior a lever drag is, compared to a star drag.

If that were true, why would they produce an "inferior" reel and bring it to the market . . . I hope I am wrong !

Tight Lines !

Dave F.

steelfish

The Baja Guy

xjchad

Looks nice!
Interesting that the left side plate now bolts on instead of being part of the frame.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Donnyboat

I see a clicker knob there to, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Rivverrat

Gears housing looks to hold gears of a decent size. I'm not ready just yet to get rid of my Torques. These would need to be something very special for that... Jeff

Pier Rat

Casted one at Fred Hall, was wondering about the left plate being screwed on instead of a one piece frame with side plate being part of the frame, casted well, I may get one however I have the older Saltigas and too many reels, if that is a thing.

mike1010

Has anyone got hold of one of these yet?