Building a 113h for my son's 11th birthday.

Started by broschro, July 17, 2018, 04:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broschro

My son Ashton is quite a fisherman and says that the old Penn 65 is just too slow for him lol. I will tell you what that little real is a Powerhouse and we caught a 26 lb red grouper with it and many others. But like he says it is slow when you're reeling in over a hundred foot deep. Earlier this year I sold quite a bit of mine Parts I had laying around. come to find out I was missing a few and Fred was so kind to send some our way. Here's a few pics of the reels and grouper.

broschro

broschro

Almost done! I really like the way the screw stand out with the maroon ring.

handi2

That's a very nice red grouper. A big one..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

conchydong

A fire truck red for sure, and the reel is nice also with the maroon rings.
Nice job father and son.

steelfish

whatta nice fish amigo.

that 113h will be really a big improvement over the 65 he had, many good stories to come with your son and the reel you are building for him.

The Baja Guy

Donnyboat

Nice Broschro, good work Ashton, hard to smile when your lifting a big weight, but I love that grin, good memories, father & son great stuff, thanks for posting, sometimes it pays to bring them up steady, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

xjchad

That's great! 
I love fishing with my kids, and seeing the joy on their faces!
Such a great picture of your son with a great catch!
Look forward to seeing more!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

steelfish

The Baja Guy

Alto Mare

Nice Jamie, you're a good dad!
Congratulations to Ashton for working himself up to the 113H, he deserves it...god job young man!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

That's a monster! That 4/0 should see some action,nice.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

broschro

Thanks fellas. He really likes it when I let him use the faster reels! can't blame him I suppose. I thought the stock 113-h will do him fine for a while I will wait for that gear sleeve to wear out then I'll put in a s.s sleeve. Thank you to everyone on this site for helping me be able to do this for my sons and Friends, and a little fishing money now again lol. Tight lines everyone.

gstours

Very nice fish.  I'm sure it's ate by now.  Great pictures and kids grow up fast. You need a fishing 🎣 buddy, you're son is ready for the next step.  A bigger reel,  and soon a 🚗 .......  take him often as he will never forget the good times growing up.   🐠

Shark Hunter

Your a Good Man Jamie. ;)
Cherish these times.
Life is Good!

broschro

Thank you very much everyone! My boys are my Crew. My oldest will be 13 soon and I'm starting to show him how to navigate. He already is the Anchorman and does a fine job. I've got my youngest in in the mix now. He will be 9 soon but he's a little seasick prone. he did the child's Dramamine last time that a little tired but once he started catching a fish say it was the best day of his life. Next trip I will get pictures of all three of them fishing together. Thank you to everyone that makes this site great.