Fishing trip-Florida to Ontario

Started by Wally15, July 21, 2018, 10:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally15

What a whirlwind the past month or so has been. Had my 69th birthday; spent a week at the condo on the FL Panhandle with the grandkids; a week in Baton Rouge with some OLD Army buddies for our annual 4th of July fireworks extravaganza (and cirrhosis contest); then a 1500 mile drive into central Ontario for my annual walleye fishing expedition. Then the 1500 mile drive back to S GA. Ain't retirement fun!
A 40" Northern and a 31.5" walleye were the big fish for the week. Neither caught by me, darn it. I did find me a girlfriend in the wilds of Canada. I never knew that a woodchuck and a groundhog were the same critter. A few pics:

1) The grands porch fishing. Sophie is practicing with the Penn 209 reel and pier rod I got in 1959 with S&H green stamps. We caught just as many fish off the porch as we did off the pier.
2) Prepping about $1200 worth of fireworks for our 4th celebration. Note: guys with 3 fingers and an eyepatch sell the best fireworks.

3)Air Ivanhoe - Foleyet, Ont

4) Loading the Beaver

Fish pics to follow.

Mike Pate

Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Wally15

Part Two:
1) Cute little woodchuck. Loves sliced bread

2) 40" Northern

3) 31.5" Walleve

4) Gang of Eight. We caught over 2100 walleye in a week. That's a new record for the 12 years I've been going up there.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

theswimmer

Nice fishy !

As Grandpa used to say,

" No money better spent  than on blowing things up on the Fourth of July ."
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Benni3

That looks like a fun trip and some very nice fish ;D

Donnyboat

Good report Mike thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Shark Hunter

Great report Mike!
Thanks for taking us along. ;)
Life is Good!

Wally15

I must be dense, or at least somewhat computer illiterate. I can't figure out how to download a group of pics (I'm limited to 4 at the time) then write a brief description under each one. Once I download pics, I can't even preview them until I post them and view them on the website. Anybody else have that problem? The grandkids could probably figure it out in short order.
Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

MarkT

Wow, Peaches, you had a great month! I want to be like you when I grow up!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Wally15

Quote from: MarkT on July 22, 2018, 12:34:27 AM
Wow, Peaches, you had a great month! I want to be like you when I grow up!
Not to worry...you will NEVER grow up!
GA Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

MarkT

Thank god! I never want to lose that joy in life and become cynical and bitter... oh wait, it may be too late! Fortunately, I still get excited when I get a bite.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Wally15 on July 21, 2018, 11:23:22 PM
I must be dense, or at least somewhat computer illiterate. I can't figure out how to download a group of pics (I'm limited to 4 at the time) then write a brief description under each one. Once I download pics, I can't even preview them until I post them and view them on the website. Anybody else have that problem? The grandkids could probably figure it out in short order.
Mike
Mike.
If you choose to use the onsite picture posting. You can't put a description under each pic.
You can only do that if you are using an offsite picture program like Flickr or the like.
That is all I know about that.
Life is Good!