JM500X package

Started by CooldadE, July 23, 2018, 10:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CooldadE

Can anyone tell me what kind of drag numbers can I expect with this kit ???

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Black Pearl

CooldadE

Thank you ! Just what I needed...

Cool

CooldadE

So with those drag numbers what would the max line test that could be comfortably used ?

Cool

thorhammer

typically 30%. You didn't mention if the rest of the reel is stock or modded to some degree but you should be able to fish 50-65 braid on that. I'll fish 50 braid on a stock 501 if it has a steel main gear and have had no issues. Mono or fluoro topshop helps with some shock absorbing also. I run the braid then 30-50lb topshot depending on application.

John

CooldadE

I bought the full SS kit. All the bells and whistles.
So I sho u of be goog to go. Ill be installing the kit I'm my 99 size tiburon frame and spool reel. Hopeing to use is as my 40# reel on an up coming 2.5 day trip out of San Pedro...

Thanks

Cool

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: CooldadE on July 24, 2018, 01:54:56 AM
I bought the full SS kit. All the bells and whistles.
So I sho u of be goog to go. Ill be installing the kit I'm my 99 size tiburon frame and spool reel. Holding to use is as my 40# reel on an up coming 2.5 day trip out of San Pedro...

Thanks

Cool

It will easily be able to run that 40lb line, I have thoroughly fished Alans upgrades and I run mainly 30-40lb test and handles it like a dream. I run about 12-13lbs of drag when running my 40 top shots.

CooldadE