Metallic Thread

Started by Reel 224, July 24, 2018, 12:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Quote from: Fishy247 on July 24, 2018, 11:02:02 PM
QuoteBullard's? Now is VooDoo rods?

It probably is. I usually get it from John Vadney. I'll try to remember to check when I get home.

It is from VooDoo. I know because I was dealing with Bullards when they sold out, and I was talking to Jon about that. VooDoo is now handling Bullards products line, there thread is the best in the market as far as I'm concerned and the thread coat is great. I think Jon will back me up on that.

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Jeri

Quote from: Reel 224 on July 24, 2018, 12:26:56 AM
I am pulling under 5-6 wraps now, I was saying after 12 pulls the mono brakes. Maybe I should use some other material for the pull. I'm at a loss at this point of what to use.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Been using 8lb braid for years, hardly ever breaks, usually lose the d**m thing before it ever gets near breaking.

Hope that helps.

thorhammer

Jon turned me on to Voodoo also. They have some nice variegated threads I don't see anywhere else.

Swami805

Voodoo has some good finishes too. Their  CPxtra is great for refinishing a blank. I think they're the only place that sells it. Bullard is a good product
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Reel 224

Jeri: I had a chuckle ;D ;D ;D with the loss of the pull. I know how that goes.

Thor: I use them for most everything in thread and other rod build eqipt.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Fishy247

Bullard's? Now is VooDoo rods?

It probably is. I usually get it from John Vadney. I'll try to remember to check when I get home.

It is from VooDoo. I know because I was dealing with Bullards when they sold out, and I was talking to Jon about that. VooDoo is now handling Bullards products line, there thread is the best in the market as far as I'm concerned and the thread coat is great. I think Jon will back me up on that.

I'm right there with ya on your opinions Joe! He turned me onto both the thread and finish. Both are awesome to work with.

Mike