Northern Manitoba Fishing??????

Started by Wally15, July 24, 2018, 03:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally15

Anyone have any experience fishing in upper Manitoba? Couple of friends and I are investigating a trip up there next summer. Specifically, we're looking at Ganglers North Seal River Lodge. It's a bit pricey, but apparently has some trophy Northerns, Lake Trout, and Walleye. 600 miles North of Winnipeg and 500 miles South of the Artic Circle. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Option 2 would be Alaska for some halibut and salmon.

GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Midway Tommy

Seems a little far north for really good walleye fishing but lake trout, northern and some grayling should be awesome. I spent a week on Kamuchawie Lake, quite a ways SW on the Mant/Sask border the first week of June a few years back and the lake trout & pike fishing were absolutely fantastic. We drove to Sandy Bay, north of Flin Flon, and flew in from there. There's nothing better than a shore lunch, too, and those guides know how to treat you well!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

whalebreath

An old friend of mine used to work as maintenance man at Ganglers & somehow he ended up in jail over a pay dispute-just one night but it put me off recommending the place to anyone ever-that and the stories of poaching and unlawful logging over the Nunavut border.