penn 12, 12H,12W, belleview washers,(clutch springs) - looking for

Started by Navidad Nutcase, July 28, 2018, 02:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navidad Nutcase

Does anyone know of a belleview washer replacement for the older Penn 12 reels? The 12T part number is different than the other 12's. Will it work in them anyway ? What about out of the many different 900 series reels? (975 etc.) or perhaps one of the senator star drag reels?
thanks for any advice.
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

handi2

Mystic should have those bellville washers. Ive bought them before.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

mizmo67

12H uses 18-12T
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Penn12H.aspx

The 12 and 12W used 18-6
I don't have any and unfortunately have no specs to know what would fit instead. I don't have a sample.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Navidad Nutcase

o.k. thanks . I have a 975 and a 12LT in Mexico, as well as a 12T. I will open them on or around the 12th September and get some specs. It would definitely be helpful to many if we had the specs on the different washers. It will also be so very simple if the 12LT or even 12T will work. (newer, so logically more available).

In the meantime someone else might join in who already has this info. There are so many reels out there that use belleviews , that it would be hard to believe some other model doesn't use the same washer/spring.
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

Navidad Nutcase

A bit of down down here so I will catch up on what I've found here at home. I put some Shimano TR100G belleview washers in my 12W international and they working fine. They have a bit larger inside diameter, so are not tight on the shaft but they must be centering themselves, because as I said - they are doing the job - and we are playing lots of fish with them.
I realize this may not solve someone else's problem because Shimano parts are even harder to find, but they do work. I have yet to try the washers- (or springs) from my little Okuma level winds. Thereels are almost identical (on the outside , for size ) as my Shimano, so I'm ever hopeful.
I had all the specs from the 12W, the Shimano, and the Okuma washers on my laptop '' sticky notes'' program but threw away the paper notes. Dumb move.... If you can believe it - at 5 a.m. a week back, while I was in the shower, someone slipped in the back screen door of our house. The door is 5 feet from the kitchen table and my laptop WAS sitting on said table.  Not any more. The brazened balls of some people! In the Daylight, a subdivision, houses all around, they come threw my back yard and into my house. Live and learn I guess. gotta be locked in all the time . Anyway. end of rant. I will re measure and post the results sometime in October. Cheers
Greg