Anybody selling quality reel clamps for 10/0 and 12/0 Senators?

Started by Van, June 29, 2018, 10:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van

Ones I can attach safety lines and that will fit on  a number 2 butt?

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

thorhammer

Strikemaster ar great. I put them on all my Internationals, along with switching out the stock handles for Alan's blades and grips.

Alan, I need some more :)

alantani

Quote from: thorhammer on July 03, 2018, 02:48:01 AM
Strikemaster ar great. I put them on all my Internationals, along with switching out the stock handles for Alan's blades and grips.

Alan, I need some more :)

yeah, all out.  gotta talk to the original machinist sometime next week.  gotta find some way to keep the price down. 

thorhammer

Gotcha. Let me know. Need three in 3/0 Jiggy size, grips and blades.

alantani

thorhammer

Hey Van, been traveling but got back home finally to get you a pic since I hijacked your thread, Sorry!

Strikemaster comes in Penn Gold, Shimano gold, and black, and there is a chart on the Charkbait site to match to your reel. If you have a reel and you don't see it, let me know and I will measure hole patterns for you; I think I have all three sizes. I really like these on my Internationals and larger Senators, and just received my handles from Alan to finish off my last two (12T's). Shown are 30TW's, and some loose clamps in different sizes and colors. Good thing about these is they are milled with a slot vs. hole, so you have some wiggle room depending on your reel. The size three (on my 80's) fits my #4 unibutts just fine, you see the size two on #1 and #2 unibutts in my pic.

thorhammer

Tip: if one looks closely, you will see a "3" in sharpie on the clamp. When I travel, I number reels to rods so a fishing partner helping me rig knows what reel goes to what rod. Sharpie wipes right off with alcohol but is a time saver if I'm traveling a whole stand. These went to Spanish Wells last year and that idea worked great trying to get everything back together upon arrival, and I have the rods purpose-matched for free lining, planer board, etc. Planer goes on the heavier #2 butt with a heavier topshot because of the stress; some of the other Tunasticks have slickbutts.