Looking for bail spring Regal 2000 xi (or maybe xl)

Started by lifeofRiley, June 11, 2018, 05:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lifeofRiley

This is an older spinning reel a buddy gave to me, I'm guessing circa mid 90s reel. The bail spring is bad and looking for a replacement, or perhaps a superseding part? I'm not sure where a good place is to source Diawa parts, I mainly fix shimano and some abu reels. Thanks for any help.
15 2, 15 4, pair for 6, knobs is 7

foakes

Hi LoR —

Glad to help, if possible —

Daiwa made thousands of reel models.  Few shared the same springs, although I have some shop interchangeability manuals.

If no help from someone on our site who knows exactly the spring you need, and has it — then I would likely be able to provide one for you at N/C.  Have thousands of loose ones, unlabeled.  

Would need a pic with exact measurements of the diameter, length of the legs, overall measure, orientation of the feet, etc..

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Wolli

this spring should fit

www.ebay.com/itm/Daiwa-reel-repair-parts-service-bail-spring-F77-7901/302767545078?hash=item467e5a1af6:g:TvAAAOSwQXBaxQds
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

lifeofRiley

Hmmmm, I appreciate the part number but it doesn't look right. I'll post a few pictures. The issue with the reel is that on a hard cast the bail flips shut.

lifeofRiley

The first pic is just the reel, the second pic is the spring, I believe it's called a "plunger" spring. The last pic is of the spring off the very bottom of the rotor. I'm not sure which one has gone bad and needs replacing. I'm also not sure on part numbers for either.

Midway Tommy

Here's the correct schematic. Parts #s 21 & 39.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)