vancouver bound!

Started by alantani, July 31, 2018, 12:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i know i'm leaving a bunch of guys in the lurch, but i've been working like hell to get things done.  i have a trip to vancouver tomorrow with ben, fishing port hardy.  looking forward to meeting todd!  then towards the middle of august, it's off to southern washington for a few days of albacore.  the reels are going to have wait till i get back .....   :-[
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

Can't forget this. It's from alan and sal!

whalebreath

Bring sunscreen it's been quite hot & sunny in southern BC.

alantani

ok, last reel tonight!  i've gotta get this reel packaged up to ship and them finish packing myself.  i'm headed to vancouver tomorrow.  the reel is headed to east timor via portugal!  i found a perfect steel main gear inside.  i added a stainless steel gear sleeve, a stainless steel dog, my 5/0 grip and stainless steel arm, and 400 yards of 60# big game.  i guess this makes it kind of a unique reel.  except for the plain steel main gear, the entire drivetrain is stainless steel.  

Hardy Boy

See you soon !

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

alantani

Mount Ranier!

alantani

Welcome to Vancouver!

alantani

Lunch at the Flying Beaver!

alantani

Taking the guppy to Port Hardy!

Gfish

Gotta love that upside down "aloha" hoodie!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Joao Tavares

That beautiful 114H reel Alan worked on as the last reel before going out to Vancouver, is for me. I cannot thank Alan enough for his effort and grace to ensure that my reel would be ready for shipping before he finished packing his stuff.

Alan deserves this public recognition and I wish him a great fishing trip.

I'll post pictures of that reel in action, after it travels half way around the globe to fish the waters of Timor-Leste (East Timor).

theswimmer

Quote from: alantani on July 31, 2018, 11:11:21 PM
Taking the guppy to Port Hardy!

That's no guppy .
Nice bird , first class .
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Keta

You did not wave when you went buy but the smoke is bad.

What port and what boat are you albacore fishing mid August? 
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

Iwalco. I forget the name of the boat. 

alantani

Quote from: Joao Tavares on August 01, 2018, 12:07:33 AM
That beautiful 114H reel Alan worked on as the last reel before going out to Vancouver, is for me.

Joao, it was pretty rushed getting everything done,  but it's all good now.  The reel actually came together on the first try. So many times it can take a dozen attempts to get these right.  The good thing is that you had a perfect plain steel  main gear.  Now you have an all steel drive train. This should be a very tough reel.