vancouver bound!

Started by alantani, July 31, 2018, 12:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewcrafter

By all accounts a stellar trip and that last photo is mouthwatering!  Any tips on how it was prepared?

Hardy Boy

I had to post this pic Ben took of the Boss doing a little plinking off of the deck after dinner. We were enjoying a cigar with another buddy and Ben and the Boss was busy stump shooting. Good time. The Red Rider got a work out !
Todd

alantani

Quote from: Brewcrafter on August 07, 2018, 06:33:22 AM
By all accounts a stellar trip and that last photo is mouthwatering!  Any tips on how it was prepared?

preheat the oven to "broil," set the rack "second from the top," about 6-8 inches from the heating element.  the pan has a light coating of olive oil, the fish are allowed to reach something close to room temperature, cut in 1.5 to 2 inch strips, no piece greater than 1.5 inches thick, skin side down, then a light brush of olive oil, coarse ground salt and coarse ground pepper to taste.  set the timer to 6 minutes, toss it in, resist the temptation to look, pull it out at exactly 6 minutes, let the smoke clear, let the fish rest a bit, plate and serve. 

it works every time. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Very nice pic Alan, but I would never have my back at a guy with a rifle... no matter how much I trust him ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 09, 2018, 12:30:10 AM
Very nice pic Alan, but I would never have my back at a guy with a rifle... no matter how much I trust him ;D

You must have some Sicilian blood.  It makes your shoulder blades tighten.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Sorry to visit this site so tardy.  Butt thanks for sharing your vacation.  You are killing me.  We have sunny in southeast Ak again.🛫

steelfish

wow, thanks for sharing the pcitures Jefe

really a magical place
The Baja Guy