St croik corp rods

Started by Donnyboat, August 02, 2018, 12:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Hi Chris, I want it alright, just trying to get it from one side of the country to the other, @ the lowest rate, Dave love you sence of humor, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

1badf350

Don
Be sure to post pics when it arrives!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Donnyboat

Hi there I hope your all catching your share of fish, one thing to remember, leave some in the water for Me, I now have the St CROIX rod, between the first set of rollers & the second runner it has, KONA EXPERT, on it if that means anything, also the double roller tip does not have anything written on it, I am leaning on my mate Mike Currie to post some picture of it, hopefully Mike will post more pics after I polish it up a bit, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

oc1

Don, Kona surely refers to the Kona Coast of the Island of Hawaii.  A classic marlin area.  From that era, there were only three, maybe four, roller guide manufacturers.  Since you said double roller tip my blind guess is Mildrum.  AFTCO or Tycoon Fin-Nor are other good possibilities.  Unlikely to be Allen.  It should be easy to pin down with a photo.
-steve

Donnyboat

Okay thanks Steve, hopefully Mike will see his emails soon & send the photos of the two guides, I am on about, also the tip, some times Mike has trouble with the internet, he is very helpful to me, cheers for now Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Mike has contacted me he will be able to post the photos on Wednesday or Thursday, you were right Chris, the reel seat, has RS 5H on it, also the word TINAC, if that helps, I managed to get the reel seat that shiney, I could hardly reed it for the glare, cheers Don. I also mixed a paste with bicard & coldpower, took two coats to get all the patarna & vertigus off.
Don, or donnyboat

1badf350

Don Im sure it says Varmac on the seat, and Im sure the rollers are side mount Mildrum with double roller tip. No need to speculate on that LOL
Cant wait to see it!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Donnyboat

By gee Chris, not very often your right, but your right again, yes it has VARMAC RS 5H on the reel seat, amasing what a bit of sleep will do for the eyes ay, it now 6:30 am here in Western Australia, ( WA ) cheers Don, & thanks.
Don, or donnyboat

54bullseye

Quote from: droppedit on August 09, 2018, 12:13:00 AM
Quote from: 1badf350 on August 08, 2018, 11:55:40 PM
Buy the rod!! If you dont, I want it! LOL

lol, you remind me of someone else here I know. See you next week!

Dave
Just what we need another rod hog !!!!

Donnyboat

Yes Dave, with your good work, thems rod hogs keep you pro`s bizzy ay, Also Sal I never did thank you for placing the photos of them lovely rods here, great gear & you are a master @ cleaning & polishing thanks again. cheers Don
Don, or donnyboat

mhc

It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

1badf350

Donny I'm jealous you have a sweet rod and got a hell of a deal! Congratulations
The guides will shine like new with some polish and I usually wipe my rods down with some Penn rod cleaner for an ultimate shine.
-Chris

Donnyboat

Thanks Chris, yes it was a good low price, the thread in places possibly should be replace, the other option would be to coat it with 2 pack epoxy, would that reduce the value of the rod @ all, I cleaned it up a bit last night & this morning, & sent Mike some more photos, I will let Mike decide whitch photos to post, he is a very bizzy man, he has lots of thing on & working away from home, he will have lawns manage & so on, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Gee Mike I just realized that you had placed the photos on here, before I made that last blog, maybe your not that biz after all, Good stuff thank again Mike, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

mhc

Quote from: Donnyboat on August 22, 2018, 12:38:10 PM
Gee Mike I just realized that you had placed the photos on here, before I made that last blog, maybe your not that biz after all, Good stuff thank again Mike, cheers Don.

Ha, tricked you Don - I got home early & lawns and stuff aren't all that high on my priority list anymore.  :)

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.