What's your bucket list

Started by biggiesmalls, August 04, 2018, 03:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggiesmalls

Honestly, looking back I think my list above is longer than it needs to be.
Cook Islands can get everything I want as far as GT, dogtooth, and probably even napoleon wrasse. Panama handles my roosterfish and tuna. If I can hit up each of those places for ~6 days a year, I'm in a good position.

Venice is already in the works for summer 2019, before I go to college. Drive 12 hours with the boat and spend three or four days doing nothing but fishing for redfish.

After college if all goes well, I'll be in the Central Gulf Florida region. Mostly fishing snook and jacks several times a week, but also going after mangrove snapper and sheepshead for food every so often. Blacktips from the surf too, sometimes.
Trips to the Keys to fish the reefs for snapper and whatever else bites would be common opportunities. 4-6 hour drive depending on where I want to go.

Can't forget Chesapeake stripers and Long Island stripers/blues - hopefully these can be annual pilgrimages too.

My hunting goals, honestly, can be slimmed down. I will take deer and turkeys in Florida for food (never been a fan of pork). Hopefully - I can get to 2-3 states per year to do turkey hunts and knock out a US Super Slam (one in every state exc. Alaska). I'll hopefully travel up to Maryland every once in a while and hunt deer with my uncle - but that's about it. I don't need far-off destinations or anything like that.

Drew