10 T4N1 Kits Still available as of 10/9/18: Silver, Black & E. Blue

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, August 06, 2018, 02:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wascallywabit

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you Ed and Darin.  The updated list of available kits is now:

Silver: 5
Red: 1
Black: 3
Electric Blue: 2

Darin Crofton

I really like the Cortez side plates, but want to see the Lee Pro side plates too, can someone direct me where I might find them? Thanks!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Darin Crofton on September 02, 2018, 06:29:46 PM
I really like the Cortez side plates, but want to see the Lee Pro side plates too, can someone direct me where I might find them? Thanks!

Darin, eBay is probably your best bet, but beware that the KC model will not work with this kit, and to the best of my knowledge, none of the Lee Pro 4/0 size plates have clickers.  The Cortez plates have clickers, and are a superior product.  If there is any advantage to the Lee Pro plates, aside from an insignificant weight advantage, I am not aware of it.

Darin Crofton

Ok, thank you! I think I'll go with the blue cortez side plates, can't wait...

Vintage Offshore Tackle

T4N1 kits still available as of 10/10/18:

Silver: 5
Black: 3
Electric Blue: 2

Gman_WC

Walnut Creek, CA

broadway

Darin,
  The best plates ever made came from Tom Cortez Conversions... don't think you'll find better quality, customer service, or anything else.  Tom is the best hands down at Penn aftermarket plates among many other items.
I also believe Randy is right about no clicker, too.  That's a deal killer for me.
Trust in Tom as we all do round here. 
PS- You're gonna love this kit... I can't fish with mine... I just stare at it.
Best,
Dom

Darin Crofton

Quote from: broadway on October 26, 2018, 02:14:10 AM
Darin,
  The best plates ever made came from Tom Cortez Conversions... don't think you'll find better quality, customer service, or anything else.  Tom is the best hands down at Penn aftermarket plates among many other items.
I also believe Randy is right about no clicker, too.  That's a deal killer for me.
Trust in Tom as we all do round here. 
PS- You're gonna love this kit... I can't fish with mine... I just stare at it.
Best,
Dom
Right on, Dom! I have two of these kits and Cortez plates are coming, and I have a narrow JM kit with the plates too. They are so nice I find it hard to stop looking at them, but they're all going fishing soon..... Darin

mikeysm

Here is a pic of my latest T4N1.

Mike

Darin Crofton

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

SuperDave4x4

Beautiful work!

So it's safe to say it will hold 300yds of 65lb braid and a small top shot? This maybe a good starting point for me to build a tank for my girlfriend.

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!