9/0 full frames, 115L2, interest?

Started by SalazarM, July 27, 2019, 09:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SalazarM

Working on a new full frame for the 115L2, something like accurate frames. Also working on new side playes and a 9/0 2 speed senator manual upgrade, along with a wide spool wide frame conversion.

Is there any interest in this? If so, let me know so i can get a bulk order in, and post some fitment pictures

RowdyW

Price? Photos? Cost? Delivery Dates? Material? etc.                Rudy

SalazarM

I will have all the information and pictures when i make the finish the prototype and get it running, as of right now working with aluminum and then running a anodized process, as far as price well that going to be determined when i finalize the first actual full frame.

Just getting a feel for whomever would be interested in a full frame instead of a 1/2 frame.

RowdyW

I'd be in for one, maybe more on the 2 speed. Gotta see this one!      Rudy

broadway

I have plenty of built 9/0's so I don't need any more, but was curious about a 115L2 frame. Will it fit a standard 115 as well?
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with,
Dom

Spyderman

I'm interested!  Please post photos of your finished prototype when the time comes.

SalazarM

So ive finally finish a prototype full aluminum frame. It still needs more work. But i have an actual frame. I will post more pictures on fitment. This is for the penn 9/0 senator.

xjchad

Nice work!
Looks like you're on the right track for a solid frame.
I'd widen your openings though.  You won't be able to guide the line to sides of the spool very well.
Don't be afraid to remove more material, You can get rid of a lot more and still have really good rigidity with that one piece frame!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

wideopenoutdoors

I'm interested in the frames particularly the wides, but more importantly what's going on with the two speeds 👀
"your not on a fishing show, reel it in!"

SalazarM

This is the fitment pictures, i was off on 1 hole by .05 mm. So im going to do it again. The two speeds isnt ready yet not until the face is finished, then the drag is changing to clutch style.

SalazarM

Im also thinking about making the reel wider, but thats going to need more modifications. Like a wider longer spool, the center shaft will need to be changed so that the spool moves left and right to apply more drag, and then be able to deal with the heat generated. The entire 1 side would have to be converted over to a more modern reel design.

wideopenoutdoors

I know myself and several guys from the club at standing by waiting.... The frame looks great!
"your not on a fishing show, reel it in!"

RowdyW

It's beginning to sound like you will have to design a whole complete reel the size of a Penn 115 9/0. I guess it wont be a Penn 9/0 but a reel of your own design lever style since you will have to replace the frame,side plates, gears,clutch/drag assembly,spool,etc. You probably can't use the screws either. So lets see what you can come up with that will be an improvement on existing lever/2 speeds already on the market. GoodLuck.