Best bearing lube oil I have used

Started by GeorgeN, August 07, 2018, 07:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeN

Hello Fellow Members,

I service and repair my own fishing reels and those of my friends.  On the suggestion of another person who enjoys servicing fishing equipment, I purchased some bearing oil from Boca Bearing in Boynton Beach, Florida.  Here is the link:

https://www.bocabearings.com/products/high-speed-oil-13931?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&scid=scplp13931&sc_intid=13931&gclid=CjwKCAjwhqXbBRAREiwAucoo-_D_2NVQ2-3aTgQkjl4B03lCYCzwbaqreRClRpLU54euVRWPy78qAxoCu_wQAvD_BwE

I have just gone through a yearly service all of my low profile freshwater casting reels using this product and I can not believe how smooth they all operate.  I know others out there are using this oil, but I thought I would share this information with those who are not.  It is called LIGHTNING LUBE High Speed Oil.  It comes with a fine tip metal applicator and can dispense a single drop of oil into very tight spots where some reel bearing hide.  Just one drop of this stuff is immediately absorbed into bearings and that is all it takes.  All reel settings being then same, this oil will increase casting distances and overall smoothness in the reel's operation.  The people at Boca Bearing are really good folks and a pleasure to deal with.

Sorry I have not logged on in quite some time and hope all is well with you all, George Nochta Santee, CA :)

Marktrahan

RowdyW

What is the oil container size??  Boca Bearing doesn't list it.

Reel 224

I would be interested in that information as well...............Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

philaroman

12 cc's can't be much more than 1/4 oz., prob. LESS -- $10 seems a bit steep

I guess that's why they don't mention it, or let you zoom in on the photo (Amazon, does)

RowdyW

I'll stick with my 321 for my needs. I bought a 4 oz. bottle about 4 years ago & still have over 3 oz. left. It's a lot more economical. I'm not looking to set a casting distance record.     Rudy

Tiddlerbasher

Yep me 2 Rudy 321 rules :) and lasts and lasts and lasts etc

philaroman

that was kinda' my point:

got some Penn grease/oil kits @ $1.50 Wally-Clearance
grease is disappearing, but oil is piling up on top of old Shimano
I'll probably die, before I even get to try TSI @ $5/oz.
ain't payin' $40/oz., unless it has nanobots approaching perpetual motion

Reel 224

I have to agree 321 is definitely less expensive and I know how good it works......................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

GeorgeN

Some of you were asking about the bottle size on the "Speed Oil"  by Boca.  It is 12cc which amounts to a little over 4 oz of oil.  I have used this oil on six reels using the recommended " 1 drop " per bearing.  The bottle still looks full.  Even though it is a bit pricey, a small amount goes a long way.  George >+)))><

handi2

The aerosol cans of TSI301 are great. I use them for many things other than spraying a clean or new bearing. I spray inside of reels and outside of reels. It's a super cleaner.

When I pull a metal frame out of the US cleaner it gets a blow dry. Now the metal looks dry. It's gets sprayed with this stuff and looks new again. Especially Baitcasting reels. I've used it as a final wipe down on all metal reels like the jigging and trolling reels.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

oc1

Thank you Keith.  I'm going to try it and just ordered a can.  I hope the can has one of those little straw attachments.
-steve

RWS

Quote from: GeorgeN on August 07, 2018, 07:32:09 PM
Hello Fellow Members,

I service and repair my own fishing reels and those of my friends.  On the suggestion of another person who enjoys servicing fishing equipment, I purchased some bearing oil from Boca Bearing in Boynton Beach, Florida.  Here is the link:

https://www.bocabearings.com/products/high-speed-oil-13931?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&scid=scplp13931&sc_intid=13931&gclid=CjwKCAjwhqXbBRAREiwAucoo-_D_2NVQ2-3aTgQkjl4B03lCYCzwbaqreRClRpLU54euVRWPy78qAxoCu_wQAvD_BwE

I have just gone through a yearly service all of my low profile freshwater casting reels using this product and I can not believe how smooth they all operate.  I know others out there are using this oil, but I thought I would share this information with those who are not.  It is called LIGHTNING LUBE High Speed Oil.  It comes with a fine tip metal applicator and can dispense a single drop of oil into very tight spots where some reel bearing hide.  Just one drop of this stuff is immediately absorbed into bearings and that is all it takes.  All reel settings being then same, this oil will increase casting distances and overall smoothness in the reel's operation.  The people at Boca Bearing are really good folks and a pleasure to deal with.

Sorry I have not logged on in quite some time and hope all is well with you all, George Nochta Santee, CA :)

how long do you feel that lube will last on a set of bearings ???
321 lasts a good couple months and maybe longer ????

Tiddlerbasher

GeorgeN - I think there was a typo in your comment "12cc a little over 4oz - I believe that should have read '0.4oz'. Of course that is US fl oz , UK fl oz would be slightly less ::)

Rather than go the aerosol route with TSI301 I mix TSI 321 with IPA (2:5 ish) and spray it from a sqidgy bottle - far more economical.

Benni3

My dad swears by it and a professional mechanic swears at it when boring engine blocks I have here some good things and some bad things about it,,,,, ::) but I just put some slick 50 on my 706 and it runs slick,,,, :D it's alot better than Penn oil,,,,,,, ;D