CA. Tomatoes

Started by Alto Mare, August 10, 2018, 02:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Thanks for the interest, these little reds are very tasty, for a month I've been getting a dozen a day.🌞
    For my climate the big slicers need more heat. Butt, these little ones fill the salad plate every day.

gstours

This year I,m going to save the seed out of some.  Any information on the seed harvest would be appreciated.   Thanks 🙏.

Darin Crofton

Here is some of my FL veggies, there's nothing like fresh out of the garden!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

conchydong

Quote from: Darin Crofton on September 20, 2018, 04:09:40 PM

Nice mess of 'maters and veggies, I have never tried the Red Okra.  Looks good.

Darin Crofton

Quote from: conchydong on September 20, 2018, 05:33:52 PM
Quote from: Darin Crofton on September 20, 2018, 04:09:40 PM

Nice mess of 'maters and veggies, I have never tried the Red Okra.  Looks good.
Thanks, the burgundy okra is my favorite, got the seeds from Baker Creek at rareseeds.com.
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

scrinch

I'll add a pic from Santa Rosa, CA.

oc1

Gary, spread the seed out on a paper towel and let it dry for a few days.  Then pick the seeds off the mass of dried goop on the towel and store in them in an air-tight container in the frig 'til spring.
-steve

Dominick

I read somewhere that one may not use the seeds from the fruit because the original seeds were hybridized and the seeds inside the fruit are sterile.  Sort of like a mule.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

I've been really liking these big Rife's Pink...they take a long time to come on but are so worth it. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

Mo, that's one huge tomatoe.
All I would need is one of those chopped, a glass of white wine a long hot a garlic clove going in some olive oil, a dozen of raw jumbo shrimp and tossed with spaghetti al dente. :).
Thanks for sharing everyone, it's nice to see others.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 20, 2018, 10:27:48 PM
All I would need is one of those chopped, a glass of white wine a long hot a garlic clove going in some olive oil, a dozen of raw jumbo shrimp and tossed with spaghetti al dente. :).

Oh boy Sal...that sounds fantastic!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

El Pescador

Sal!

Spoke with my buddy Jim, who provided the seeds to you, and he is a NO GO for summer tomatoes this year.   Business is good & he has 6 construction projects currently working. 

Let's shoot for next year for another crop of monster reds!

In Morro Bay for our trip tomorrow.   I'll post when I arrive back home on Saturday. 

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

swill88

I love this thread!  Wonderful pictures!

Tomato heaven. 

Thanks.

Steve

Alto Mare

Quote from: El Pescador on September 20, 2018, 11:03:41 PM
Sal!

Spoke with my buddy Jim, who provided the seeds to you, and he is a NO GO for summer tomatoes this year.   Business is good & he has 6 construction projects currently working. 

Let's shoot for next year for another crop of monster reds!

In Morro Bay for our trip tomorrow.   I'll post when I arrive back home on Saturday. 

Wayne
Your friend Jim is lucky Wayne, I wouldn't be allowed to pull out. I do one project at a time, but most of my customers use me multiple times throughout for different projects. Jim might have many guys, I only have one helper, but the work gets done ;D
As for construction, it has been crazy here as well, I didn't stop yet. on weekend I work on reels to relax :)

Good luck on your trip, Wayne.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

El Pescador

Been waiting to hear from long time buddy, Jim the construction guy, with news of when I can stop by for some of his MONSTER RED RIPE Tomatoes!!!

Butt in the last 2 weeks, the rats are winning.

Jim trapped 3 last night, and a total of 8 in the last 2 weeks,

HOPEFULLY, we (Jim will) will have some MONSTER Red-ripe tomatoes to enjoy and I promised to dry out as many seeds and I can harvest and send to those of you wishing to grow these HUGE Tomatoes in your garden.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!