okuma Avenger 35B spinning reel

Started by GeorgeN, August 10, 2018, 09:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeN

I just purchased two okuma Avenger 35B spinning reels.  Is anyone familiar with these reels?  The first time I fished with them, one of them had a line guide bearing on the bail assembly that was a little noisy.  I carefully took the bail line guide assembly apart to put a drop of oil on the bearing.  A small nylon spacer fell out and I was looking at the reel schematic and it does not show the spacer.  It's really upsetting to fine that a brand new reel out of the box does not show what the schematic indicates.  I love these little reels, as they are very smooth and the drags are solid.  Does anyone have a clue about where the little nylon spacer may fit into the line guide assembly?  I would love to talk to a factory tech about this to check on upgrades that may have been issued on these reels.  Does anyone have a good contact for such a tech?  I will also tell you that the other 35B reel I purchased did not appear to have the spacer and matched the schematic.  The question to me is which reel is correct.  Any help would be greatly appreciated  Thanks, respectfully George Nochta Santee, CA

MarkT

It might be a shim to take up some slack.  They usually aren't on the schematic.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

GeorgeN

Yes,  I thought about that.  Have you seen two new reels where one would have the spacer/shim and the other did not?  I suppose with bail assemblies on spinning reels that is entirely possible.  I am such an anal person about documentation that I would expect something on the schematic showing where possible shims may be.  I suppose I can just play around with it to figure out where it should logically go.  Thanks so much for the reply, George

festus

George, usually those washers go outside the bail arm.  Not sure about the Avenger, however.

GeorgeN

Thanks so much for your input on this.  I will check and see on the 35B if they could possibly be placed there.
George >+)))><

handi2

If it was a white flat washer it goes on the silver metal top hat washer to take up the slack in the line roller.

Penn uses them also.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL