The last couple projects

Started by droppedit, August 12, 2018, 03:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

those a beautiful Dave.

@Sheridan, I learned the hardway and since few months ago Im using blue painters tape to cover the blank from the wheels mark on my drier setup too.
The Baja Guy

droppedit

Quote from: The Fishing Hobby on August 21, 2018, 07:01:15 PM
Very nice work! How did you get your logo over the threads? Is that a sticker?

I have an Alps printer that makes water slide decals. Lots of fun adding stuff to the rods. If you can see it on the computer you can print it with an Alps, ever prints white. I've made many different designs on rods and about the only thing it won't do is a New York Yankee's logo ;)

Nothing worse than spending a ton of time on a rod only to have tire tracks on it that won't come off. I've felt your pain Alex. Painter tape is great, either blue or green.

Dave
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

Reel 224

A white blank is the best rod to use many color combinations go with it because of the contrast, it is neutral. I wish I could always use white. Not to take away from Dave's work. It looks great!

Joe    
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

Quote from: droppedit on August 21, 2018, 08:00:32 PM
Quote from: The Fishing Hobby on August 21, 2018, 07:01:15 PM
Very nice work! How did you get your logo over the threads? Is that a sticker?

I have an Alps printer that makes water slide decals. Lots of fun adding stuff to the rods. If you can see it on the computer you can print it with an Alps, ever prints white. I've made many different designs on rods and about the only thing it won't do is a New York Yankee's logo ;)

Nothing worse than spending a ton of time on a rod only to have tire tracks on it that won't come off. I've felt your pain Alex. Painter tape is great, either blue or green.

Dave

Dave; If you don't mind me asking. How much was the Alps printer and were did you buy it?                Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

droppedit

Joe, I have 2 Alps. The MD-1300 is a good printer but the MD-5000 has a much higher print resolution. You can get them on E-bay but are very expensive. Also you have to be careful as if the print head is bad it will leave a white line in the middle of your print. They are impossible to get repaired and have been  discontinued for years. The ink is in little ribbons. You can get metallic gold and silver so they are great for putting the customers name on a rod. I posted these a while back as it is a little of what can be done.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=20153.0
Alex has had good luck with inkjet waterslide decals. If you use an inkjet printer you have to seal them with an acrylic spray to keep the colors from running.
Hope this helps,

Dave
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

Reel 224

Quote from: droppedit on August 22, 2018, 12:05:03 AM
Joe, I have 2 Alps. The MD-1300 is a good printer but the MD-5000 has a much higher print resolution. You can get them on E-bay but are very expensive. Also you have to be careful as if the print head is bad it will leave a white line in the middle of your print. They are impossible to get repaired and have been  discontinued for years. The ink is in little ribbons. You can get metallic gold and silver so they are great for putting the customers name on a rod. I posted these a while back as it is a little of what can be done.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=20153.0
Alex has had good luck with inkjet waterslide decals. If you use an inkjet printer you have to seal them with an acrylic spray to keep the colors from running.
Hope this helps,

Dave

Ya Dave, I nixed that plan as soon as I googled it and saw the expensive and read the reviews on it. I'm am going to checkout some other options when I get settled in South Carolina.

Joe   

oc1

Quote from: Reel 224 on August 22, 2018, 03:50:59 AM
when I get settled in South Carolina.
You moving Joe?  Where 'bouts in SC?
-steve

Reel 224

Quote from: oc1 on August 22, 2018, 09:41:22 AM
when I get settled in South Carolina.
You moving Joe?  Where 'bouts in SC?
-steve

Steve: We are moving to the Myrtle Beach area Murals Inlet...................Joe 

Donnyboat

I have said it before Dave, its  not until we have tried rapping rods ourselves, that we can really apreciate the great work you do, I would never try to post a pic of my work next to yours, everyone would have cramps in the mid drift for months after through laughter, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

oc1

Dang Joe.  There's some good fishing there.  I know you like fluke and you'll like flounder... and seatrout and channel bass and all the rest.

Sorry to intrude Dave.  You do nice work.
-steve

steelfish

Quote from: droppedit on August 22, 2018, 12:05:03 AM
Hope this helps,

Dave

Ya Dave, I nixed that plan as soon as I googled it and saw the expensive and read the reviews on it. I'm am going to checkout some other options when I get settled in South Carolina.

Joe  

Joe, so far so good with the inkjet water slide paper, you can make your own decals as long as you feel ok tied to only print in solid darker colors (inkject normal printer cannot print in gold, silver or white), so, no light yellow, light blue, because they almost no visible even over white background, so, I normally wrap a metallic or light nylon thread color on the background and print whatever you want with your printer on darker color, then seal the image with acrylic spray and your done.

@Dave, thanks for your kind words on my work on the rods.

The Baja Guy