Boat Question

Started by Bill B, August 12, 2018, 06:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

File this under to much thinking  ???......When a long range boat leaves the dock with a full load of fuel, provisions, etc and has a successful trip.....Does it come home lighter, heavier, or weighing the same?  I'm just going stir crazy with the house packed and ready to move  :-\.......  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

handi2

I would think it would be heavier if the fish weigh more than fuel. Plenty of big fish caught I hope.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

SoCalAngler

That will depend on how good the fishing was. Most boats leave with the fish holds full of saltwater and bait when leaving the dock depending on how long the trip is

Brewcrafter

I would guess that provisions (food and beverage) are consumed, and then are "flushed", so that would probably lighten the load.  But then again, any time I head out I end up relaxing, eating decent, and weigh more than when I got on the boat!  ;D

oc1

Might depend on the size of the boat.  Burning twenty gallons per hour while running means you are loosing about 125 pounds per hour in fuel.  Dumping the bait tanks before heading home would be another fair chunk of weight.  Either one would eclipse all the provisions and stuff.
-steve

Reel 224

Bill: You better get done with moving soon, your having flash-backs :o ;) :D..........................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."