Molybdenum Disulfide Powder

Started by RWS, August 13, 2018, 09:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWS

I got 3 oz on ebay $12.00 1.5 Microns and been mixing a small amount with any marine grease and been using only on the brass or stainless pinion and main gears, I feel it makes the gears smoother and lasts longer on the gears. FYI

Reel 224

I have some of that and mix it with 321.............................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

George6308

Penn's original lub for there spinning reels, Spinfisher Lube, contained Moly. Remember the blu and white metal tubes? Brake caliber lube also has Moly.

RWS

Quote from: Reel 224 on August 13, 2018, 10:00:35 PM
I have some of that and mix it with 321.............................Joe

you use it on Bearings ????
should last a long time in a bearing ???

Reel 224

Yes I do, but the first time I tried 321 and Molly I used it on a circulating fan I use during the winter months to circulate heat from my fire place. I would have to unfreeze the fan every season with 3 and 1 oil. So i tried 321 with molly and it's going on 5 years that I didn't have to lube it.

Joe     
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

theswimmer

Volkswagen transmission type1 that's tired ?
1/4 tube of Moly ,
That trans is still going strong 14 years later.......,
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn