Jon Boxes ready to ship

Started by mmayo, August 15, 2018, 11:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmayo

It has been a busy three weeks, but three boxes are completed and the final box is built. Here are two boxes for Ruth/Joe in New Jersey and Jason in Japan.

Ruth/Joe

Jason

Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

Cor

Cornelis

Tiddlerbasher

Alto Mare

Beautiful, Mark...you never disappoint.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

Beautiful Mark! Happy Wife happy life. ;D Ruth will be so happy with that Jon box.

Thank you very much..............................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Ron Jones

Lovely as always.
Question: Have you ever had issues with dissimilar grain movement due to the orientation of the front/back and sides of your boxes? If not, what is your method for keeping it from being a problem?
Thanks!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

mmayo

I have not had wood movement issues. In large tackle boxes, usually custom models designed by the buyer, I have had doors warp. I employ quartersawn African mahogany which is less likely to warp. I glue with Tite Bond III and substantially clamp allowing plenty of time to set. That works!  I have been building tackle boxes since 2003 with no failures. Knock on wood.
Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

happyhooker

Some anxious people are waiting to be made happy by the delivery person.  And, happy they will be.

Frank

Reel 224

Quote from: happyhooker on August 17, 2018, 12:11:31 AM
Some anxious people are waiting to be made happy by the delivery person.  And, happy they will be.

Frank

Frank; You know it!!!.................................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Fishamen7

Wow! Received my box and it is amazing! Made a fantastic gift. The African mahogany is beautiful.

Thank you
Jason