Menu
Chicken Parmesan
Parmesan Risotto
Roasted Italian Veggies
Caprese and Prosciutto Panino
Zepolle

Chicken Parmesan

Preheat oven to 425°
Pound chicken breast out flat, then brine for an hour, remove from brine and dry
Dredge breast is salted flour, dip in egg wash and then dredge in Italian bread crumbs
Refrigerate for at least a half an hour before cooking, then lightly brown breasts in hot olive oil, about 2-3 minutes per side
Lay in breasts in casserole dish and partially cover with tomato sauce
Then cover sauce with shaved Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses
Bake for till Mozzarella is melting then hit with broiler to lightly brown the top of the cheese

Parmesan Risotto
Parmesan Risotto

Roasted Italian Veggies
Preheat oven to 425°
A mix of small new potatoes, zucchini, Baby Portabellas, Mini Bell Peppers, tomatoes and onions, all chopped into bit sized pieces
Fresh herbs, Rosemary, Thyme and Oregano
Olive Oil
Salt
Roast potatoes only for 20 minutes
Cool and add to rest of veggies, toss in salt, herbs and olive oil to coat
Place in roasting pan and roast till all are tender and maybe a light char on edges

Caprese and Prosciutto Panino
Prosciutto wrapped cheese
Layered bites of tomato, fresh basil, mozzarella and Balsamic Vinegar Glace

Zepolle
Italian fried pastry (doughnut) traditionally served on St. Joseph's Day

Preheat deep fryer to 375°
2C flour
4t baking soda
2C Ricotta cheese
4 beaten eggs
1/2t vanilla
1T white sugar
1/2t salt
Powdered sugar for dusting

Combine everything but powdered sugar and mix
Fry 1 heaping T at a time till nicely browned, drain well then dust with powdered sugar
Serve warm

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Reel 224

You have knocked that one out of the box! :o Way to go Chili...................................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Reel 224 on August 19, 2018, 02:08:18 AM
You have knocked that one out of the box! :o Way to go Chili...................................Joe
Thanks man.

The Finale
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Reel 224 on August 19, 2018, 03:01:34 AM
I'm comin over! ;) ;D................Joe
Well c'mon down...  I've leftovers of everything but the prosciutto panino.
***Belch!***
Ragnar Benson:

Alto Mare

That looks good Chef! When I make it I use panko bread crumbs and flour 50-50, my wife likes  italian bread crumbs better.

I didn't see the espresso and limoncello accompanying the zeppole :)

Good job!

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 19, 2018, 03:51:24 AM
That looks good Chef! When I make it I use panko bread crumbs and flour 50-50, my wife likes  italian bread crumbs better.

I didn't see the espresso and limoncello accompanying the zeppole :)

Good job!

Thanks... Yeah, we don't do coffee/espresso or imbibe spirits.
But back in the day, I'd had a doppio ristretto and several Grappas with a cigar.
Ragnar Benson:

Shark Hunter

John,
Your Culinary Creations are way beyond ordinary.
I don't have the time to go into that detail.
It has been a while, but I nailed down some serious Surf and Turf this evening.
I just grill. ;)
Those King Crab Legs are 3/4lb each.
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Dang Daron, now those are some serious crab legs   :o
* ChileRelleno likey them and the steaks.

Aw schucks man, thanks, but this is all easy ordinary home cooking.
No complex gourmet cuisine going on tonight...  Or any other night.  ;)
Ragnar Benson:

STRIPER LOU

That looks amazing Chile. You keep raising the bar!

Now I'm hungry. Excellent as always.

.................Lou

Maxed Out

Chili, you never dissapointed with your culinary skills and Everytime I think you hit your pinnacle you seem to raise the bar another notch

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

ChileRelleno

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on August 19, 2018, 12:40:15 PM
That looks amazing Chile. You keep raising the bar!

Now I'm hungry. Excellent as always.

.................Lou
Quote from: Maxed Out on August 19, 2018, 06:21:24 PM

Chili, you never dissapointed with your culinary skills and Everytime I think you hit your pinnacle you seem to raise the bar another notch

Ted
Thanks guys, too kind with the compliments.
Ragnar Benson:

Dominick

That's my paisano Chile Rellenonini... Great work.  Especially the Zeppoli.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

conchydong

I normally don't have any use for boneless chicken breasts except for parmesan and your version looks excellent. Loved that you used the fresh mozzarella
instead of the grated packaged stuff. The sides look awesome also.You are quite a culinary master. It is good to see so many men on this site that cook. I myself find it a relaxing outlet, similar to fishing, instead of a chore. My wife and I split up the cooking about 50/50.
Good stuff.
Scott