Picking Up P21XN Kits At Tiburon On Tuesday 8/28. Please Send Payment Soon!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, August 22, 2018, 05:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenderloin

Pay Pal payment sent 9:30 A.M.
505/506 Black/Black.
Thank you!

xjchad

I received my kit from Randy today.  You nailed it again Randy!  Can't wait to start my build!
Going to have to wait until after vacation, but this kit is beautiful like all the others he's done.
This will be my first VOT Tiburon special build  ;D

Husband, Father, Fisherman

cmdrzog

The p21xn kits arrived today. Going to start the build tomorrow.  These are the the best batch yet of VOT reels I've received.  Double dogging and heading to the porgy grounds next week. Can't wait to fish them.  Thanks Randy .

JRD

Chad how about a picture of the bottom with the rod mounting hardware? I'm interested to see how far over the frame those mounts hang

xjchad

Quote from: JRD on September 01, 2018, 02:05:12 PM
Chad how about a picture of the bottom with the rod mounting hardware? I'm interested to see how far over the frame those mounts hang

Randy,
I'm sorry but my kit is at the office so I won't be able to until Tuesday.

Fishy247

Got mine last night and put the first together already. Pretty sweet reel!

Randy- The mounting hardware only hangs over the tail plate by about 1/8". Very compact.

Thanks again Randy for getting this together!

Mike

xjchad

Swami805

If you're using aftermarket sideplates I think they won't hang over at all
Do what you can with that you have where you are

CooldadE

Received mine ! Looks great... my thumb might be to big for this one .

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: CooldadE on September 01, 2018, 06:33:42 PM

Cool

Ed, if you thumb the shoulder of the spool instead of the line, I am sure that your thumb will fit.  I originally would thumb the line, but after someone showed me that you can apply pressure more evenly by thumbing the spool shoulder instead, my casting distance increased and my backlash frequency decreased significantly.  It's a change, but it quickly becomes second nature.

Randy

Fishy247

Got the second one done....

Before...

And after....

Oops...got the photo order wrong... ::)

Swami805

Those are nice. Love those older maroon jigmasters. What's the consensus on line weight for these?. I'm thinking 30lb braid with 20mono topshot
Do what you can with that you have where you are

sabaman1

Quote from: Swami805 on September 02, 2018, 12:04:26 AM
Those are nice. Love those older maroon jigmasters. What's the consensus on line weight for these?. I'm thinking 30lb braid with 20mono topshot
That sounds perfect and if you use Maxcuatro you should get plenty of line on there! Looks to be turning out to be great Albacore and schoolie Yellowfin reels!  :)
JIM

CooldadE

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on September 01, 2018, 07:52:48 PM
Quote from: CooldadE on September 01, 2018, 06:33:42 PM

Cool

Ed, if you thumb the shoulder of the spool instead of the line, I am sure that your thumb will fit.  I originally would thumb the line, but after someone showed me that you can apply pressure more evenly by thumbing the spool shoulder instead, my casting distance increased and my backlash frequency decreased significantly.  It's a change, but it quickly becomes second nature.

Randy

Sounds like a plan... just need to re-educate my thumb a bit...

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

JRD

Quote from: Fishy247 on September 01, 2018, 04:13:58 PM
Randy- The mounting hardware only hangs over the tail plate by about 1/8". Very compact.

Thanks for the picts.  I've got a 501xn and 506xn on the way and just wondering about rods.  Ive got two phenix abyss 9 footers with reel seats ready