Picking Up P21XN Kits At Tiburon On Tuesday 8/28. Please Send Payment Soon!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, August 22, 2018, 05:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

I've been trying to convince myself that I don't need one of these kits...but the 259 project is hard to ignore. Can't wait to see those finished...great thinking guys! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Keta

The rods I am planning on using my mini 349H on have trigger handles so the rod clamp went away before I put the reel together.  I don't see the need for a clamp on a this reel.

Quote from: xjchad on September 06, 2018, 02:23:30 PM
Joe, you stole my idea!  ;)
I just picked up a sweet little 259 has a donor for my P21XN project. I love how it looks!

I'm using Surfmaster 250 parts for my low speed reel, they are easier to find than 259 parts.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

GoldenRage

Hi Randy,

Thxs for making this happen, the kits look Great.

Best,
Victor

Decker

Randy, I have to say that these Mighty Mouse Jigmasters really tickle my fancy!  Hoping there will be another run! Thanks for making this happen!

Gfish

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on September 05, 2018, 08:54:38 PM
Tiburon asked me to apologize to everyone for the problem, and to let them know that they will be remaking the rod clamp blocks with a large bevel, which as you can see below, was how they were originally designed (and how MHC suggested that they be fixed).  They are going to run the new blocks and I am going to pick them up on October 4 when I get back from my trip, and I will send them out ASAP for every kit that was shipped.  All that you will have to do is unscrew and remove the original blocks, grease the threads, and screw in the replacement blocks.

If anyone cannot wait that long and wants to return their kits for a full refund, please let me know.

Thank you for your patience.  I am very sorry for the problem.

No way babey!, no return for me & no need for a clamp for me on a reel this narrow.
Gfish

Randy

Here is Tiburon's explanation of what happened:

Randy,
The design included a large bevel so that the clamp blocks would clear the reel seats. My print showed the bevel but neither my shop guys nor myself noticed the the bevel was not put on the part.

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: mikeysm on September 10, 2018, 03:33:23 PM
Will the Newell low speed gear set fit the jigmaster 500 or 505?

Mike. I have never heard of anyone putting the low speed (3.2:1?) Newell gears into a Jigmaster, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't be made to work.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you Victor, Lee, Mike, Chad, Joe and Greg. I am happy to hear that you like the reel.  I will be back to work in two weeks and will jump on getting the rod clamp sorted out ASAP.

Randy

Keta

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on September 14, 2018, 08:44:35 AM
Quote from: mikeysm on September 10, 2018, 03:33:23 PM
Will the Newell low speed gear set fit the jigmaster 500 or 505?

Mike. I have never heard of anyone putting the low speed (3.2:1?) Newell gears into a Jigmaster, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't be made to work.

It would be easier to use a low speed side plate assembly like the Surfmaster 250.  Then it's easy to change gear ratios as needed.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

Keta

Mark Twain

Ron Jones

I've got Progear 5:1 brass gears in a 501 and a Pacifica 2000 that is slowed to 4:1 with a steel gear. I don't see why the Newells wouldn't work. I agree with Lee, if you have a reason to go slow you may as well crawl.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Swami805

I think there's an issue with the pinion and the spool shaft. They're a little different on the newells
Do what you can with that you have where you are