ALAN TANI DOT COM 10TH ANNIVERSARY CRAB AND FISHING TRIP

Started by Dominick, August 23, 2018, 05:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoseCuervo

Quote from: Dominick on September 06, 2018, 06:56:30 PM
Quote from: Dominick on September 05, 2018, 05:46:40 PM
Wayne and I are fishing on the Huli Cat tomorrow.    Dominick

Here is an update on our salmon fishing trip.  I had booked us on line for a salmon trip.  Wayne and I showed up at the Huli Cat at about 5:25 a.m.  The boat was deserted.  We waited around for a while then called Tom Mattusch.  He said he was not going out until 4:00 p.m. on a booked charter.  He said the online service had not told him about our booking.  He tried to get us on another boat but was not successful.  So Wayne and I went for breakfast and than home.  Dominick

That sounds familiar.. Same thing with me on Monday. Showed at 5 to a deserted boat, called at 5:30 and when whoever showed up at about 6 I was told the trip was changed to rockfish (no calls or emails on the change, I was pretty pissed). I was able to jump on the Riptide after having to RUN to the tackle shop and back in muck boots to pay another C-note and got skunked anyway. I think it was a bad omen. I still don't have my money back but did get a refund notice email from them.

Rob

ETA: Online booking as well..

Dominick

Update and news of the anniversary trip:
List updated:  9/8/18
1.   Alan                   Paid
2.   Dominick            Paid
3.   Swill88
4.   Pjstevko             Paid
5.   Jlezama              Paid
6.   Theswimmer    cancelled (work got in the way)
7.   Big Tim
8.   Bryan Young      Paid
9.   El Pescador        Paid
10. Fishy 247 +
11. Diane
12. Ron Jones
13. Natch                 Paid
14. Alans Buddy        Paid
15. Johnfishy            Paid
16. Mikeysm             Paid   (McGhee?)
17. Jurelometer        Paid
18. KM Storm
19. David Hall           Paid   
20. JoseCuevo          Paid
21. Rick Lesco           paid

Okay all you members that signed up for the AT.com 10th anniversary rock fish and crab combo, the trip is coming together nicely.  I reached out to some of the members to help sponsor the trip and the response was overwhelming.  There will be plenty of prizes and swag to be given away.  Therefore, this trip is being sponsored by (in no particular order):
Mystic Parts
Vintage Offshore Tackle *
Pro Challenger
Bryan Young
Cortez Conversions
Motive Fabrication
Maxed Out

* Special Highlight: Randy Pauly's lightly used personal reel, to the lucky person to catch the heaviest ling (Randy's suggestion).  I am giving this reel the sobriquet of "Big Paulie."

Description: Tiburon T4N1 extra narrow Penn 113HL 4/0 Senator with a Tiburon handle.  The reel is setup with 65 lb. braid backing, then a long topshot of new 50 lb. Softsteel and a short Seaguar 50 lb. flourocarbon leader. 

There are other highly prized items which I will highlight in further updates.

Mystic Parts is sending a package of swag containing hats and stuff.

Cortez Conversions is sending reel kit.

Alan Chui is supplying the guts and handle for the reel kit.

Adam (Motive Fabrication) is supplying a drag insert.

Bryan is supplying a drag stack to customize the Cortez Conversion.

Ted (Maxed Out) is sending some goodies.

I think I covered everyone.  If I left out a donation please let me know.

I still need payments from some of you.  I have to write a check by digging into my Baja fishing fund.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on September 10, 2018, 02:20:38 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on September 09, 2018, 03:13:00 AM
Dominick, is there room for one more?
Yes.  Give me a name and money.  Dominick

;D ;D... looks like you're having a hard time collecting, pal.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

I think I will take the money already collected and run away to Costa Rico.  Dominick

gstours

Wow,,  I'm late to the dance. Butt next year I,m going trade you a halibut day up here for a 2nd anniversary Alan trip?  Take your time and think about it.  Maybe you can find a buddy to travel with?   Butt anyway you go have fun and send us some pictures.    Thanks 🙏.   Gst.

Dominick

Quote from: gstours on September 10, 2018, 03:33:05 PM
Wow,,  I'm late to the dance. Butt next year I,m going trade you a halibut day up here for a 2nd anniversary Alan trip?  Take your time and think about it.  Maybe you can find a buddy to travel with?   Butt anyway you go have fun and send us some pictures.    Thanks 🙏.   Gst.

Gary, you are usually in Oregon that time of year.  Why don't you plan to make it on that trip.  You can drive down or fly from Portland and I will reserve our guest room for you.  Dominick

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Breaking news.  Gary the Butt Man is committing to come down for this trip.  See up date.  Let's see if he will bring the cooler with the mojo.
Dominick

Dominick

Update and news of the anniversary trip:
List updated:  9/10/18
1.   Alan                   Paid
2.   Dominick            Paid
3.   Swill88
4.   Pjstevko             Paid
5.   Jlezama              Paid
Theswimmer    cancelled (work got in the way)
6.   Big Tim
7.   Bryan Young      Paid
8.   El Pescador        Paid
9. Fishy 247 +
10. Diane
11. Ron Jones
12. Natch                 Paid
13. Alans Buddy        Paid
14. Johnfishy            Paid
15. Mikeysm             Paid   (McGhee?)
16. Jurelometer        Paid
17. KM Storm
18. David Hall           Paid  
19. JoseCuevo          Paid
20. Rick Lesco           paid
21. Gary Sellards      Paid

Okay all you members that signed up for the AT.com 10th anniversary rock fish and crab combo, the trip is coming together nicely.  I reached out to some of the members to help sponsor the trip and the response was overwhelming.  There will be plenty of prizes and swag to be given away.  Therefore, this trip is being sponsored by (in no particular order):
Mystic Parts
Vintage Offshore Tackle *
Pro Challenger
Bryan Young
Cortez Conversions
Motive Fabrication
Maxed Out
Penn Reels

* Special Highlight: Randy Pauly's lightly used personal reel, to the lucky person to catch the heaviest ling (Randy's suggestion).  I am giving this reel the sobriquet of "Big Paulie."

Description: Tiburon T4N1 extra narrow Penn 113HL 4/0 Senator with a Tiburon handle.  The reel is setup with 65 lb. braid backing, then a long topshot of new 50 lb. Softsteel and a short Seaguar 50 lb. flourocarbon leader.  

There are other highly prized items which I will highlight in further updates.

Mystic Parts is sending a package of swag containing hats and stuff.

Cortez Conversions is sending reel kit.

Alan Chui is supplying the guts and handle for the reel kit.

Adam (Motive Fabrication) is supplying a drag insert.

Bryan is supplying a drag stack to customize the Cortez Conversion.

Ted (Maxed Out) is sending some goodies.

Penn Reels is sending some swag.  I will reveal all.

I think I covered everyone.  If I left out a donation please let me know.

I still need payments from some of you.  I have to write a check by digging into my Baja fishing fund.  Dominick

swill88

Dominick

Quote from: swill88 on September 10, 2018, 06:13:36 PM
I paid Saturday.

steve

Yes Steve, I received a notice from Paypal that the funds are pending.  I will mark you paid as soon as Paypal makes the funds available to me.  Dominick

gstours

Thanks Dommie for the great news. :o    Its like winning the lottery.  Meeting new friends and catching a couple of rockfish, add a few  dungys,  whats better than that? ??? ???   
  If any of you can pm me here or post some rod, reel, line type/weight, tackle, target depth, jigs, recommendations that would be more than kind, as i,m from up north and not sure of how you folks fish or the boat rules.    Tanks to all. ;)