Where were you on November 22, 1963?

Started by Dominick, November 23, 2017, 03:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danwin22

I was in Broadbrook, CT, working in the Hamilton-Standard Military Experimental Labs, building prototypes.

Someone called us into a room to listen to a radio report of JFK's assassination.

A few years later I attended a communications symposium in Dallas and we had to walk by the building that the shots came from on our way to a restaurant.
USAF 1958-'62   NRA Member

Tiddlerbasher

Danwin22

No one pointed out the knoll but I do remember a big curve in the road.
USAF 1958-'62   NRA Member

Alto Mare

At my hometown in Italy and only 4. I probably saw it on tv, we were one of the few families with TV at that time.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

George6308

Hall guard in Abraham Lincoln HS in Philadelphia, 10th grade, outside auto shop with Mike Strumbicki who is now deceased.

mike1010

I was in 9th grade, and in a school assembly.  The Principal came in to tell us that JFK had been shot; I don't remember whether he was yet known to be dead.  Almost worse was Jack Ruby shooting Oswald when he was being transported by the Dallas police.  My family and some neighbors were in my family's kitchen watching TV and saw it live, as did much of the country and, I suppose, the industrialized world.  I remember my mother and her friend crying and screaming, "What's happening, what's happening."  It was chaos and disaster, and I will always think of those days as some kind of historic turning point, but maybe that's just an aging Boomer's self-indulgence.

Reel 224

Ruth was in Charm's Co. working when she heard about it. In Asbury Park NJ. She was 18years old

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Gfish

Quote from: mike1010 on August 25, 2018, 09:51:14 PM
I was in 9th grade, and in a school assembly.  The Principal came in to tell us that JFK had been shot; I don't remember whether he was yet known to be dead.  Almost worse was Jack Ruby shooting Oswald when he was being transported by the Dallas police.  My family and some neighbors were in my family's kitchen watching TV and saw it live, as did much of the country and, I suppose, the industrialized world.  I remember my mother and her friend crying and screaming, "What's happening, what's happening."  It was chaos and disaster, and I will always think of those days as some kind of historic turning point, but maybe that's just an aging Boomer's self-indulgence.
Maybe the beginning of that whole sociological: "the 1960's, when America lost it's innocence", thing I keep hearing from historical documentaries, etc.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

jpgrauer

11th grade Biology, San Jaun Capistranio High.

Decker

I was a gleam in my father's eye  ::)

But I remember that for many years afterward it was a solemn day in our house.

wascallywabit

8th grade, outside at recess. The principle came out to the ball field to tell us that the President had been shot. Afterwards, while watching the news, I witnessed Lee Harvey Oswald shot and killed on live TV by Jack Ruby. Unbelievable!

Ed

mike1010

Quote from: Gfish on September 25, 2018, 08:09:21 PM
Quote from: mike1010 on August 25, 2018, 09:51:14 PM
Maybe the beginning of that whole sociological: "the 1960's, when America lost it's innocence", thing I keep hearing from historical documentaries, etc.
It has always felt that way to me.  The Beatles got U.S. visibility just a couple of months later, and then the culture was off to the races.  Some folks point out that we boomers seem convinced that the world revolves around us, but these events were momentous, and it's not my fault that I was coming of age at the time.

Rivverrat

jig-guy

I was duck hunting in Mendota Ca 11-22-1963 and walked into a restaurant for lunch and they had the assassination of President Kennedy on TV about 1 PM. Sad day for sure.

Crab Pot

Buy it nice or buy it twice.