Penn Senator 1/0

Started by strayedcat, September 14, 2018, 07:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strayedcat

I have acquired an old 1/0 110 Senator which operates well and is in good shape. However, the eccentric lever is backwards to my other senators... Lever forward is free spool, which will cause confusion and problems for me and others that use it, because of habit.
Is there a way to change or reverse this so it can be like normal Senator reels.

strayedcat

Is there a way to modify/change this so it can be like normal Senator reels.

thorhammer

No, I believe it uses same  eccentric as Jigmaster which is opposed....i just closed one up 15 mins ago and i would've looked....crap.

Dominick

Quote from: thorhammer on September 14, 2018, 07:51:39 PM
No, I believe it uses same  eccentric as Jigmaster which is opposed....i just closed one up 15 mins ago and i would've looked....crap.

Open is the opposite of close...  ::) :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

strayedcat

No cigar for you... Not even close to the post ;D

mike1010

I had a 1/0 for a while, and the eccentric was as you describe, the opposite of my other Penn reels.  Maybe by design?

mizmo67

Quote from: mike1010 on September 15, 2018, 05:45:31 PM
I had a 1/0 for a while, and the eccentric was as you describe, the opposite of my other Penn reels.  Maybe by design?

Yes, designed that way. Not sure why it's different?
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

mo65

The 2/0 and 3/0 also operate like the 1/0. I have never understood why Penn used both options of operation on the eccentric.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

1badf350

I have seen the original design prints for these reels. They are dated April 1st.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Donnyboat

good one Chris, I like it, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat