Superhook aka Ray Hodges

Started by Penn Chronology, August 30, 2018, 05:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

It is a sad day for the reel collecting community indeed.  

Ray was a scholar and a gentleman.  He went out of his way to help me out on more than one ocassion, the latest of which was turning me on to an OC cradle.  I had no idea he was struggling with health issues.

He will be sorely missed.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Ron Jones

A sad day for all of us. I'm thankful he's out of pain and hope to see him in a better place. First round in Cedros is for Ray.
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Midway Tommy

A sad, sad day, indeed! While I don't collect the Penn or OC conventionals, Ray and I had some fun banters when I first joined the ORCA forum. I will always remember them, and what a nice guy he was.  :(
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Penn Chronology

Thank you all very much for your kind thoughts about Ray.  I will pass this post onto a friend in Oz that will pass it on to the family.

Jerseymic

Sorry to hear, I always enjoyed reading his posts.

Mike U.K..

coastal_dan

Very sorry to hear this, he was a wealth of knowledge and a benefit to our community.  Thoughts and prayers to his family  :'(
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

AC49

RIP Superhook
Enjoyed your posts

Alan Cape Town

Bill B

I am sorry for the loss......I have enjoyed reading many of his posts here, he will be missed.

Now I have visions of him and Otto Henze puttering around the work shop and fishing......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Penn Chronology

QuoteNow I have visions of him and Otto Henze puttering around the work shop and fishing......Bill

That's Great....................!