Main Menu

Hey everyone

Started by sostoaked, September 05, 2018, 12:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sostoaked

Hey there,

Just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone in advance for the future tips and knowledge that I'll be gathering from this site. I've always heard of alantani.com and may have visited a handful of times over the years but finally decided to bite the bullet and create an account since I just finished servicing my first reel (Torium 20) that I picked up recently.

Ended up swapping the stock dartanium drags for some carbontex ones from Dawn at smoothdrag but may pull everything apart again to replace a couple washers that looked a little too corroded and maybe pack the bearings with grease once I learn how to accomplish this.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone and see you guys on the forums!

-Steve

foakes

Welcome aboard, Steve!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

sostoaked

Benni3

swill88

Ontherock

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

happyhooker

Howdy, Steve, from Minnesota.

Frank

David Hall

Where you live and what species are you most fond of pursuing?

redsetta

Welcome Steve, from way down here in Aotearoa.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

bhale1

Welcome Steve,
Enjoy your stay :)
Brett from AZ

Shark Hunter

A Big Welcome to you Steve!
You are in Good Hands. ;)
Life is Good!

Joao Tavares

Hey Steve. Welcome from East Timor.

Be careful with this place.
I knew nothing about servicing reels and replacing stock parts with third party better parts, until I found out this place. And I've learned so much and still learn from this great people.

Then I became addicted to opening reels, replace drags and lube properly and..... have already spent heaps of money. :)

Wife not happy but I'm loving it.

Enjoy it.
João

oc1