P21XN kit

Started by theswimmer, September 05, 2018, 09:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

Perfect fit, went together in about 30 mins. fitting was minimal.
1 minute and 38 secs of freespool right out of the box.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Gfish

Swimmer, I'm probably havin pinion i.d.-smoothness/fit issues with my old 506HS plates/guts and the new p21XN tib. spool, but what plates/guts are you usin? I know there was some pinion rub on the old fully assembled 506... Only gettin bout 8sec. or so. Not good with ball bearings. Ok, so I godda another low level issue to figure out,  makin it more fun and interesting!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

Looks great, Jonathan!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

theswimmer

Thanks Fred,
Hey , believe it or not, Early China production doner reel .

I need to get the bridge staked or brazed  but all else is well .
Smooooth as silk....
Best,

JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

foakes

You have plenty of bridges in my shops.  Lets just drop in one that doesn't need tacking.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

El Pescador

Jonathan,

Are you sure we aren't brothers???

My wife says I have the GREEN light to buy ANY Purple reels come across,

Perfect reel set up for Morro Bay,

And Nice looking rutabagas!!!!   I like them peeled and eat'n like an apple!!!!

Heading out with Dominick for Salmon tomorrow am.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

theswimmer

Wayne , dude!
That's purple with a dark green spool....
My first 914 was purple with a dark green interior. Kind of a sentimental combo . My dad hated that car.
He would put the car cover on it if I parked in the front.

The rutabaga crop is small this year but great quality. I eat them just like a baked potato. No carbs and no guilt😁

Errol Flynn

xjchad

Quote from: theswimmer on September 06, 2018, 09:25:23 AM

He would put the car cover on it if I parked in the front.

:D :D :D

Great looking reel Jonathan!
Husband, Father, Fisherman