broken foot C4

Started by pinoy101, September 07, 2018, 04:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinoy101

hello everyone .. Sir Tommy... i have acquired this C4 with a broken foot.. i don't have the other piece..

i hope you can help me.. what would be the best way to fix the reel ?.. it spins real good and the inner parts are very clean..

thanks ..

alan S.

Shark Hunter

You are going to have to find a replacement housing and swap the internals.
They do pop up, but you have to be persistent.
Life is Good!

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 07, 2018, 04:59:48 AM
You are going to have to find a replacement housing and swap the internals.
They do pop up, but you have to be persistent.

And patient. I agree with Daron. Broken foot repairs seldom hold up over the long haul, especially when put under tough stress conditions.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oc1

If you're attached to the reel then just lash it to the reel seat.  There is enough of it left to get the lashing tight and stable.
-steve

Cor

Quote from: oc1 on September 07, 2018, 06:56:21 AM
If you're attached to the reel then just lash it to the reel seat.  There is enough of it left to get the lashing tight and stable.
-steve
Yes I think so, but how about seeing if not possible to grind down the rear of the foot a bit to see if it can still fit in a reel seat.
Possibly a hose clamp on the rear may just work as well?
Cornelis

Alto Mare

Quote from: Cor on September 07, 2018, 07:04:41 AM
Quote from: oc1 on September 07, 2018, 06:56:21 AM
If you're attached to the reel then just lash it to the reel seat.  There is enough of it left to get the lashing tight and stable.
-steve
Yes I think so, but how about seeing if not possible to grind down rear of foot a bit to see if it can still fit in a reel seat.
Possibly a hose clamp on the rear may just work as well?
I was just going to recommend to grind the back side and paint it as well. As Steve mentioned , it still has enough meat left.

It is worth a try.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

pinoy101

hello Gentlemen... thank you very much for all the suggestions... will try to grind the back side of the foot... and since the foot is damage already.. every thing can be tried.... and hope to find a body/housing later...

thanks again Gents...

btw... also found a knuckle buster no. 79 and a LB 60... will acquire them soon... can't wait!... ;D

alan S.