Roller screw

Started by Squirmypug, August 24, 2011, 03:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squirmypug

Anyone know where I can get a screw for a roller guide? I took it out to clean and lube and it broke  :'( Looks to be brass, theres no markings on the guide so I don't know what brand it is.
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Alto Mare

Hello Squirmypug,
I was waiting for someone else to chime in, there is a few guys here that customize rods and I'm sure that they can help you out better than I can. You might want to try eBay, just type fishing rods repair and you should be able to find what you're looking for, you might have to buy the complete roller though :-\. I've had some luck for some of my parts at Sears, they have a huge selection of stainless steel screws, just bring one of the screw with you, just try not to loose it ;D. That's the best I can do, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Squirmypug

Thanks Sal, I just wasn't sure if it would be ok to use a stainless screw inside the brass bushing of the roller.Hope I don't have to buy a new guide but they don't cost too much anyway.
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Squirmypug

I got the roller fixed today.Went to the tackle shop and hardware stores and they didn't have the right size (was almost exactly 3/32") but the hardware store had 7/64" so I got that and drilled out the bushing to fit.Works great and cost only $0.29  ;D

Alto Mare

Very good Squirmypug, glad it worked out for you. Now go get that trophy with it ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.