Penn Senator 114 H

Started by Donnyboat, September 09, 2018, 10:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Well you win some & you miss some, I managed to get onto a Red Senator for AU $ 50.00 including postage to Western Australia, from New South Wales, it looked fairly rough with a ugly wood handle, Mike Currie is going to send before & after picks, I also brought another red 114 with a rod last week for Au $60.00, I will pick it up on Tuesday, but then I see a 9/0 came up today the man had it for sale @ AU $ 0.4 so I rang him, he rang back sorry mate I just sold it with quite a bit of fishing gear for AU $ 40.00, but I have been having a good run really, hope everyone is catching fish & keeping well, leave some there for me, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

mhc

Bad luck missing the $40 bargain this morning Don, like you said, you can't win them all (although you have been having your fair share of wins with senators  ;)  :))
Here are the photos of the 114H with the custom handle before you cleaned it up;

And after you tidied it up - both the reel and the handle came up well!

Nice work.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Donnyboat

Yes Good thanks again Mike, your a true champion, a good good friend, concidering we like about 3,000 miles apart & have never met in person, that`s AHANA for you, getting back to the reel handle, it was a good shape when I first arrived, it had the finger grooves ground out fairly good, I made them a bit deeper, that created more work as the sanding took a lot longer, then I gave it 3 coats of varnish, & concidering I was placing some two pack epoxy, on some rods, I also place it on the reel handle as well. 3 coats in all, I am happy with it now, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat