Hello from Cleveland, Oh New member

Started by Christopher M Songer, September 09, 2018, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher M Songer

Found this site after watching a few of Alan's You Tube posts. I fish Erie with yearly trips to Lake Ontario for King salmon. We had Frank at The Rod Maker shop doing reel maintenance and repair along with tackle sales but he died suddenly 3 yrs ago leaving us with no local place to take our problems. Last Jan I tore apart my reels to prepare for going back to Lake Ontario as the walleye do not test a reel like the Kings do and it had been 15 yrs since my last trip for silver in my own boat.  My reels are Penn 320 GTI x2, 209 x2, Diawa Great Lakes 47 line counter x3, Diawa SG27lc x5 and 2 Okuma MagdaPro 30dx. I had fun looking up on line tutorials and upgraded to carbon drag washers whenever I could. Andy at Tuna's Reel troubles has been my source for parts and cf washers.
My friends heard I was doing it and started to ask me to clean, lube and upgrade the washers stacks. So here I am taking in a few reels a week from my friends and word of mouth. I have lots of questions and feel I am just scratching the surface. So far I have only rebuilt about 60 reels mostly level wind line counters and about 20 spinning reels. Looking forward to taking this to the next level. I am a retired RN and hope to make this a paying hobby.

Thanks for allowing me to join and tight lines,

Chris
Always go forward, never go straight

Benni3

Donnyboat

Hi Chris, you have been bizzy with them reels, dont take on to much, or you wont have any time for fishing, this is a good groupe of people here, you wont be sorry, cheers Don from sunny Western Australia.
Don, or donnyboat

Tiddlerbasher

Hi Chris & welcome from the UK, another Chris.

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

swill88

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Reel 224

Welcome to a great site...........................Joe from central NJ......................soon to be S Carolina. ;D
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

gstours

Welcome buddy,  you came to a great place for information sharing.  Enjoy 😉 and send us some pictures.
  From Se Alaska.☔️🎣

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Christopher M Songer

Thank you for the warm welcome, questions to start soon! lol
Always go forward, never go straight