Penn 113h 4/0 build Questions, BROKE... w/ pics

Started by wideopenoutdoors, September 11, 2018, 09:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyW

All 113h's have a stainless pinion gear. The early ones have a heat treated steel main gear. Later mains are all bronze.

wideopenoutdoors

cant figure out why the spool is not wanting to go in straight, i even tried another spool same thing, i have to force it over, this is with the accurate frame and the left hand side piece.
"your not on a fishing show, reel it in!"

RowdyW

Is the clicker button retracted so the clicker gear on the spool can drop down even with it?

wideopenoutdoors

wideopenoutdoors

the clicker wheel is hitting where the clicker is mounted

Gfish

Try moving the button on the outside of the "left-side plate" towards the outer circumference of said plate. This moves the pawl(arrow lookin thingie) outta the way of the click gear.
I've assembled several like that( pawl on topa the gear, insteada lined up) and haven't done any knowen permanent damage, but I can see where it might. I do have at least 2 Penns that came to me with loose click gears and maybe that's what happened to 'em.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

wideopenoutdoors

Both are completed and ready to slay some gags after the hurricane passes!

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Frank

Love those blue sideplates! Great job.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

wideopenoutdoors

Hopefully the hurricane moves through and we can get out Sunday near Bayport and get them shallow!

RowdyW

How did you get the spool to seat in the left plate? What was the problem? By the way don't snug the left bearing up against the spool. The spool is supposed to have .0025 to .005"side to side play. Good luck fishing with those two reels.        Rudy   ps you never left your name.

SuperDave4x4

So who's drag stack did you end up going with?

The reels look great!

wideopenoutdoors

i ended up ordering a 5 stack  from mystic reels

i have a line on a pair of semi penn reels that im saving for.....

foakes

Possibly the top eared metal drag washer popped out of the gear grooves — either upon assembly or afterwards.

Pretty common and easy to correct issue, if this is it.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.