Jigmasters 501 magged and standard

Started by Alto Mare, September 15, 2018, 08:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I purchased these reels over a month ago and I finally got a chance to assemble them.

One is magged and the other is standard

I love these reels, they are loaded with all available goodies.
I thought  Motive Fabrication Star would bring them out a natch.
Oh, my handles aren't too shabby either.

Gears used on both are the Jigmaster 500X...4:1, those are my favorite out of the bunch.
As you've seen on my previous tests, I was able to get over 32 pounds on the pull with the 500X.
Having one piece frame and everything else I've used, I see no issues pushing them to 25 pounds.

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Darin Crofton

Those reels are crazy cool, great job Sal!
You make those handles? WOW!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

thorhammer

Swami805

Those look great Sal, I've caught a bunch of yellowtial with mine, best 501 yet.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

bhale1

Sal,
Those look amazing :o
Those knobs really set them off, perfect match for each!!!!!
;D
Brett

Alto Mare

Thanks guys!
John, how did you make out down there? I know you're not that close to the coast, but I was thinking of you.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Wow! Those look like Lou's knobs...and matching them to the spools really makes the reels pop. I haven't fished my Pro Challenger 501 yet, but it's on the waiting list to get wet. I agree about the strength factor, these reels should take anything you can throw at them. They look awesome Sal. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mhc

Spectacular Sal, those reels look great on your handles  :) - thanks for showing us.
Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Donnyboat

Yes really good Sal, thanks for showing, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Alto Mare

Quote from: mhc on September 16, 2018, 01:53:34 AM
Spectacular Sal, those reels look great on your handles  :) - thanks for showing us.
Mike

Thanks guys! These are very capable reels!
I believe we now have one of the best Jigmaster... well to me anyway, you guys be your own judge.
Just in case you do find one better, I want to see it :)

Mike, thanks for the compliment on the handles.
By the way,  the post on these is stainless steel and it is peened on the arm. These should last for a very long time.
The added oil port is also a good option, keeps that stainless steel happy.

Best,

Sal

mhc

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 16, 2018, 12:31:21 PM
By the way,  the post on these is stainless steel and it is peened on the arm. These should last for a very long time.
The added oil port is also a good option, keeps that stainless steel happy.

I must be getting slow - I missed both those features! In my defense, I was distracted by the light showing through the translucent colors on both grips.  ;D
Were the oil ports taken from Penn grips, or are they available elsewhere?

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Alto Mare

Mike, the oil port I got it from McMasters,
but I found a guy selling a bag of 50 in stainless steel so I grabbed them.
Not sure on the quality, those should get here in a couple of days.
My statement above about being the best Jigmaster is inaccurate, I forgot about yous, Chris and of course Tom. :)

Sal

thorhammer

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 15, 2018, 11:50:31 PM
Thanks guys!
John, how did you make out down there? I know you're not that close to the coast, but I was thinking of you.

Sal

Sal, all things considered, we did great, one overturned flower pot and some minor yard clean up; still raining tho. Some trees down in my area and some lost power. We got very lucky, within about thirty miles SE of us serious to major flooding and mandatory evacs. We were right in the edge. My friends on the coast got pounded, trees down, roofs torn up, still pouring and no power. I-95 and I-40 closed down there due to flooding so those that evac'd cant get back anyway.

Reel 224

Nice JigMasters! The addition of the mag system is a + to that reel, it makes it very versatile........................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Quote from: thorhammer on September 16, 2018, 03:12:51 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on September 15, 2018, 11:50:31 PM
Thanks guys!

Sal

Sal, all things considered, we did great, one overturned flower pot and some minor yard clean up; still raining tho. Some trees down in my area and some lost power. We got very lucky, within about thirty miles SE of us serious to major flooding and mandatory evacs. We were right in the edge. My friends on the coast got pounded, trees down, roofs torn up, still pouring and no power. I-95 and I-40 closed down there due to flooding so those that evac'd cant get back anyway.

Good to hear John, it must be pretty bad, I-95 usually doesn't get shot down.