Main Menu

Hello

Started by bobleflounder, September 16, 2018, 03:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobleflounder

Hi,

Long time lurker here. My name is Andrew and I like to upgrade spinning reels. So far, the only finished project I have done has been making a floating shaft upgrade for the Daiwa BG. I made a thread about it in SOL if you read that forum. I've also found this forum's discussion on drags really useful as I've been trying to build a fly reel for tuna.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Andrew!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

bhale1

Welcome Andrew....
I have a couple Daiwa BG's myself.....Ill have to find your other post.
Brett

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Crow

Welcome !! Glad to "see' ya' !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

bobleflounder

Thanks for the warm welcome! Its great to be talking with guys with so much experience and ingenuity. Have you guys ever had a modification you made get implemented in a manufacturers reel? My main projects are focused on putting a floating shaft on reels and sealing them, and I'm hoping that maybe manufacturers will see it and consider putting their higher-end features into cheaper reels. At least the ones that don't cost that much money. Am I allowed to link other forums in this forum? I am trying to make a video explaining myself but I haven't gotten the time to edit it. How do you post pictures here? oK NVM it worked

PaJay

bhale1

Andrew,
Not sure what's allowed or not, but I found your Daiwa BG upgrade part on Amazon and already ordered one. I'll check with the Moderators before I post, but plan on putting a few pics up.....looks like a great idea.
Brett

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Benni3

Welcome from salem va  ;D

swill88

Welcome!  Let's see it.

Dominick

Welcome.  Waiting..... Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.