Starting a Vintage Reel Repair Business

Started by jherron49, September 19, 2018, 09:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jherron49

Look forward to sharing my experiences and learning from all in the forum.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

PaJay

Welcome! Fairly new here too! Awesome bunch here!

Christopher M Songer

Welcome Jherron49, new here also. Looking forward to your tips on vintage reels.
Always go forward, never go straight

Reel 224

Welcome Jherron46. You have joined a group here that can teach you a thing or two about vintage Penn's that is fore sure. Good luck with you endeavor..........................Joe from NJ 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

gstours

Welcome, you may have some fun.  We are family, it's not all about penns,  butt, you will sea.🎣

jherron49

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone...I'm based in New Jersey in the Atlantic City area...Not looking for high volume business.  My starting goal is 50 reels in my 1st year...I started taking business about 2 weeks ago and already have completed 5 jobs.  Don't want to chew off more than I can digest...I love working on Penn reels.  I'm an offshore fisherman and use my Senators regularly. I'm sure there are some experts in the group that can help me get through some sticky operations.  Thanks again everyone.

Dominick

Heck if you run into a problem with a Penn Reel you can drive to Philadelphia. You can also drive to Little Egg Harbor for parts.  Dominick :D
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bluefish69

Put an AD in the local paper in Ocean City. There isn't many places in that town for reel repair.

Welcome Aboard

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

thorhammer

happyhooker

Welcome, from Minnesota & good luck on the business.

Frank