Fall Catfishing Trip

Started by mo65, September 26, 2018, 02:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Spent the weekend at my brother's place for some catfishing, but the weather kept us in the house most of the time. We modded a few reels, serviced a few, and located lots of lost tackle. How does stuff end up in the oddest of places?? At any rate, here's a video he made of some of the fishing. We got wet and muddy, but caught some nice medium size cats, and got to test some projects that we've been working on. 8)

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

xjchad

I'd love to do some catfishing soon!  Great video guys!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Reel 224

Mike: Looked like a nice time spent with you brother, nice video and narration. The big blue was nice one...........................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Ron Jones

Looks like a lot of fun. Fishing is supposed to be relaxing.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Midway Tommy

Nice vid, Mike! Looks like you were doing what you should be doing, relaxing & having a good time.  :)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

54bullseye

Great video Mo I would love to try it sometime !! We only catch Hornpout or Bullhead here in Mass.  Nice Fish !!!  John

Rivverrat

The Ohio River is one I've always wanted to fish. Some of those clips clearly showed the likely spot those cats you caught came from. My heart speeds up as I get excited, every time I get to see a new river & am able to read it.

Every river is a book & few are not a good read.  Many turn the pages much to fast. Liked that Vid...  Jeff

mo65

Quote from: Rivverrat on September 27, 2018, 12:43:52 AM
Some of those clips clearly showed the likely spot those cats you caught came from. My heart speeds up as I get excited, every time I get to see a new river & am able to read it.

That is interesting you say that Jeff! My brothers biggest concern is reading the river. The seams, the eddies, the mud lines, all determine where we'll fish. By the way...his name is Jeff too! Glad you enjoyed the video. 8)

foakes

Thanks, Mike —

Great video work!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

steelfish

nice video Mo,

can I ask, whats the small reel your bro is using?
The Baja Guy

happyhooker

Boy, you guys got into some nice cats.

Frank

mo65

Quote from: steelfish on September 27, 2018, 05:44:35 PM
nice video Mo,

can I ask, whats the small reel your bro is using?

Hi Alex. That's an ABU Garcia 5500C. He has been using those a lot lately, with circle hooks. Just lets the rod load and very seldom misses a fish. I serviced a few of them for him, added carbontex drags and power handles. I guess I'm old fashioned...I like a reel with a bait clicker...and good ol' J hooks. I love swinging that rod for the hookset. 8)

steelfish

nice a good old thrusty abu 5500c  !! (my favorite for light surf fishing is a 6500c3)

because of the longer power handle and the colors of the sideplate and darker spool color, I though he was using a ultra narrow accurate valiant 400
like this one
https://fishingreelreviews.net/review/accurate-valiant-bv2-400-2-speed/

The Baja Guy