Sealine SLT30

Started by joel8080, August 27, 2011, 08:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joel8080

I was in Cabo San Lucas in 1988 or 89 and A guy with a mega sport fishing boat came in and wanted to sell all his rods & reels as he got skunked and blamed it on the equipment.

I bought the SLT 30 and a then state of the art rod. I have caught a lot of fish with this reel and years ago bought some spares from Daiwa, recently I changed the bearings & the drag washer now as soon as I move the leaver forward 1/2'' it locks the spool up.

Question where did I screw up & how do I correct it.

Joel 8080

Oceanside,California

alantani

here's the schematic.  http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/albums/daiwa/Daiwa_SLT30.pdf   not a big fan of these reels.  the reel has to be reassembled with the lever in free.  that should do the trick.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

joel8080

Fixed it, it was pretty easy. Alan it's not the reel you think it is Daiwa has 2 reels with the same SLT30-80, this one is late 80's early 90's it has a large wooden handle and is one speed there a 60 & 80 for sale on Ebay in Japan so you can see what it looks like.

Joel
Oceanside,California

alantani

tried a quick search and could not find it.  wish i spoke japanese, for lots of reasons........

joel8080

I lived & worked in Asia for 23 years and I can honestly say it's easier to repair reels. It's Ebay item# 150646081190.

Joel

Oceanside,California

alantani

if you can get a link, i'd love to see a photo.  alan

alantani

thanks!  never seen one of these before. 

redsetta

Looks like a nice bit of gear!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Tightlines667

There is a brande new SLT50W2 for sale on HI CL right now.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/bod/4236797671.html

I'd like to crack this one open and take a closer look at the guts.  They seem reasonably priced.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

gstours

Hello guys, the 20 size slt20II is what I had for a while it s a solid reel, but is heavy as hell,  I sold it and went with another maker....It was even heavier than my ahab 20II but big reels are heavy.....thats just me.....gst