now its our turn on Hurricanes, Rosa is coming our way

Started by steelfish, September 28, 2018, 05:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: Ron Jones on September 29, 2018, 03:57:32 AM
I know some people down there. Phones seem busy, haven't heard of any damage reports. Praying for you all.
Ron

Really ?
Where ? Mexicali?
The Baja Guy

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Reel 224

Be safe Amigo.....................................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

mhc

Good luck Alex, hope it misses but stay safe if it does get nasty - people matter, other stuff not so much.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Tiddlerbasher

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

Well
Now there is no longer a hurricane Rosa , now its Tropical storm Rosa but it keeps the same track.
Still carry tons of water , more than any storm in the Last 50 years
The Baja Guy

Ron Jones

Good for Cedros, that island can always use more rain.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

thanks guys

Rosa is gone for good
but leaving a path of destruction on its way, some bridges felt, highway got divided on 2 or 3 different places, mayor city roads were washed down, tons of flood, water got inside of many homes and stores, my house roof was supposedly in good shape but after 10 hrs of rain lots of  wet/damp spots started to appear on the ceiling just 2 or 3 of them finally leaked water, rain was for whole 16hr to 18hrs straight non-stop, good thing is that it didnt hit us with the force it was estimated of the damages would've been worst, good thing that there were not a single human life lost.

Time for some roof maintenance & repairing  :-\

Hurricane Sergio was estimated to follow the same path than Rosa, but seems that it will continue its way to the West on the open sea, almost no chance to hit Baja.

few pics, just some of the worst
The Baja Guy

steelfish

some kids got their Kayaks out to go for a ride on the flooded streets
The Baja Guy

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

Sorry to hear about your roof,amigo. I hope you get to it and it is repaired before any more water comes. I pray you get no more water like THAT, looks like no fun at all.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Brewcrafter

Steelfish - So sorry for the tough times but so Grateful that you mentioned "Not a Life Lost".  Keep us all posted on the aftermath!