CAN’T SEPARATE 2 PIECE ROD

Started by Cor, October 06, 2018, 11:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez2cdave

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 07, 2018, 07:44:48 AM
A little trick I learned from my Son. Before joining a two piece rod. Wipe the male section against your nose before joining.

It works.

I agree with Darin, 100% . . . The old "Nose Grease" trick is a real "Classic" and it works well !

Tight Lines !

happyhooker

A (small) advantage to living in Minnesota; I got my last stuck 2-piece apart after sticking the rod outside for a couple of hours on a winter day.  I had unsuccessfully tried penetrating oil and the grab-behind-the knees method.

Frank

Dominick

Quote from: happyhooker on November 19, 2018, 04:22:06 AM
A (small) advantage to living in Minnesota; I got my last stuck 2-piece apart after sticking the rod outside for a couple of hours on a winter day.  I had unsuccessfully tried penetrating oil and the grab-behind-the knees method.

Frank
a very small advantage... :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Gfish

Ha! I'll take the abundance of NATURAL lakes in Minna-sooota over the reservoirs of California and Kaua'i, anyday.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

happyhooker

Quote from: Dominick on November 19, 2018, 06:46:16 PM

Frank
a very small advantage... :D Dominick

Indeed.

Frank

ez2cdave

Frank

Hmm . . . For those of us in warmer climates, a quick blast from a CO2 tank or fire extinguisher might work, in a pinch.

Tight Lines !

sundancer

Quote from: ez2cdave on November 25, 2018, 04:22:02 AM

Hmm . . . For those of us in warmer climates, a quick blast from a CO2 tank or fire extinguisher might work, in a pinch.

Tight Lines !

I know this a a couple 'o weeks old, but i wonder if 'canned air' - the stuff that cleans electronics/keyboards has enough volume to do it??

Steve

Cuttyhunker

Just flew a few spinners to FL that hadn't been apart in years and weren't budging, a little CLP from the gun case overnight did the trick.  Then in 4" PVC packed in a golf carry case for the flight.
Doomed from childhood