Need help- T-RX 30W/2- Several issues

Started by Mlutton, October 08, 2018, 03:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mlutton

A little intro: My name is Matt and I love maintaining my reels and have learned lots.  This is my first "project" reel.  I bought a used TRX that was missing a few pieces and I am trying to get it functioning again.

I have gotten all the missing pieces from Avet and when I re-installed everything I have a few questions

1) Most importantly the reel "sticks" in a certain spot and I can't figure out why.  I posted a video so you can see what I am talking about.  When I wind the reel it sticks in the same spot.  I've looked at the gearing and everything seems okay with no damage but it definitely sticks in a certain spot. Everything still functions normally in the reel but it hits that spot and catches.

2) The reel was missing the 2 bellevue washers so I don't know the correct orientation.  Are they () or ((?

Mlutton

alantani

it looks almost like you've got a piece of junk stuck somewhere in the gear teeth, but then you would see it a regular intervals.  your's is not regular, so i'm not sure, but check the gear teeth anyway.  and bellevilles are "()".  please let us know.  good luck!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SoCalAngler

Are you 100% the dog and washer are installed correctly? Part number 04 the schematic. In most reels with the dog installed the wrong way you will most likely have the spool spin and catch a bit under drag when the anti reverse dog is backwards. In the TRX reels the opposite can happen, meaning the handle will not crank correctly and get the stoppage kind of like what you are showing here. The dog switch is quick and easy so try flopping the point of the dog the other way. If that does not work put the washer on the other side of the dog. If that still does not work point the dog in the other direction with the washer on the other side.

I know this may not make sense to most but try flopping the dog one way to the other and try the washer on one side then the other. The schematic does not really show the orientation of the dog, washer to the reel but I'd try that first.

P.S. Alan is correct the belleville washers go like this ()

Mlutton

Thanks SoCal
I'll give that a try too
Matt

simonb

Take it apart and and have a look at the dogs. One of mine had come off the pin. If it looks OK take the dogs out. Put it back together with a couple of screws and see if she turns OK. Then you know it's somewhere else.

Si