my girls reels...

Started by bhale1, October 14, 2018, 02:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhale1

Hello all, just thought i would share a few pics of some reels ;D
When i first joined I had a few reels made for my daughters with the help of the Ohana! They are pretty much the "bomb" as far as you can trick out Beachmasters....SS gear sleeves , steel gears, custom bars, Teds handles and knobs....all custom built by Sal, as I didnt have a clue how to service a reel (I DO NOW!) ;D
Anyways, a while ago i sent Sal some mesquite wood i cut for him, as it appears he is experimenting with custom wood and acrylic knobs!
I got a nice package in the mail recently, and was very surprised. Wow, I have some custom knobs made from a tree limb i cut in the front yard last year....very cool! Of course I had to show the family,and my daughters immediately grabbed two, to proclaim as the ones they wanted.
"Want for what" I said, you dont even have any reels to put them on!........ ???
The only two similar reels I have are both Daiwa Sealines. One is a 30, one a 20, both with the custom machined aluminum SoCal frames..now out of buisness..... So, its sort of a loan right now, but here we go...

The reels that started this all   

And, now their next reels

and, BTW, dad might have had a gift from Sal also

Yep, thats a little 25 Monofil with all the goodies too...

I love it...custom knobs, turned from a tree that is in our front yard, and now on some very cool reels!!!!!.....
I really think the biggest joy of all of this is the reaction of my girls.... Its refreshing
to see the excitement they get knowing that someone they have never met, Sal, would do something like this for us!
Cant really ask for more than that as a father...
So, thanks again Sal, and Ted for the other "custom knobs"....and all others who have helped with advice along this reel journey...
Brett

xjchad

Wow, so much Love for this post Brett!
Awesome reels with beautiful upgrades, for a great family!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Darin Crofton

So great this is, sharing the love with family, nothing like it!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

oc1

You're a lucky guy Brett..... to get the knobs, but even more so for having daughters that give-a-hoot about fishing reels.
-steve

Bill B

Great reels brother.  Something the girls can be proud of.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Alto Mare

Thanks for the kind words Brett!
I guess I got to go back to school, I forgot how to count. I left out one for the boss of the house ::) ... I'll get on it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

How cool is that ?¿?¿?.......knobs made with wood from your own tree. Sal and Lou are the go to guys for the best custom knobs !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

bhale1

Ted,
LOL... don't  try to fool us, many folks here make the finest custom products for us "wanna-be's", and I hold you just as accountable for this rabbit hole I/we keep going down.... ;D
Brett