casting test of light 10' Black Hole Suzuki rod with 4.3 oz lure

Started by ksong, August 15, 2018, 03:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

The rating of the rod is 1/2 oz - 2 oz. I can say safely that the rod can handle 3 oz lure.

FatTuna

Oh man, on that first cast he almost snagged the lure on a rock before casting. I did that last year and my rod exploded into 5 pieces. Now I'm always on the lookout for what's behind me.

A 0:16, it looks like a fish flipped right in the rocks.

Benni3

This rod is awesome  :) I'm throwing chicken livers like driving a golf ball ;D

Leerie18

Quote from: FatTuna on August 15, 2018, 06:36:07 PM
Oh man, on that first cast he almost snagged the lure on a rock before casting. I did that last year and my rod exploded into 5 pieces. Now I'm always on the lookout for what's behind me.

Have done the exact same thing...sounded like a gun had gone off and I was left holding the reel seat trying to figure out what just happened!
LBG addict!

ksong

I got striper upto 30 lb using the 10' Black Hole Suzuki rod with the 4.5 oz Magic Swimmer in Cape Cod Canal in strong current.
But the rod is not for Cape Cod Canal and I was just testing the rod.

Benni3

Benni3

I almost got a g Loomis surf rod,,,but went with the Suzuki 10ft and it was a great choice :D and marlo loves it too ;D

gstours

Thanks for sharing your info on the Suzuki rod,  where are these available?  Curious?  🙏.
   Can you send us a link?

Benni3

Quote from: gstours on October 24, 2018, 01:42:21 PM
Thanks for sharing your info on the Suzuki rod,  where are these available?  Curious?  🙏.
  Can you send us a link?
jig pop has them,,,pm,,,,k song,,, I got a 28in carp and a 20lb turtle and it's a fun trout rod like a gloomis fly rod till you hit it's back bone,,,the 9.6ft is stronger than the 10ft ;D

ksong

Quote from: gstours on October 24, 2018, 01:42:21 PM
Thanks for sharing your info on the Suzuki rod,  where are these available?  Curious?  🙏.
   Can you send us a link?

www.jignpop.com