Because its raining here today.

Started by gstours, October 14, 2018, 03:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

I don,t need a very good reason to share some fishing footage it seems.  ??? I love fishing for these flatties, and here is a clip for you in the chair or couch.  I,m glad to get to go and review the past .   See what you think.  Perfect eating size. ;)

bhale1

yep....once again teamwork like a "well oiled machine",,,,,,
and once again I enjoyed the ride ;D
Thanks
Brett

David Hall

Thank you Gary.  Another great day on the water.

Steve-O

Thanks, Gary!  Now I need to take a stroll to the freezer and grab a couple packs of Halibut to thaw and cook up.

Hmmmm?...Coconut Encrusted Halibut...or maybe Poor Man's Lobster....or Teriyaki Halibut with fresh Pineapple Kabobs? :-\... :o... ;D :D

gstours

Thanks,  even Hal tacos,  w red onion , red cabbage is a healthy snack.   We fry some breaded small PCs in coconut oil,  maybe you do too.  Just great 👍.   Fiss honn.🐙
    Teriyaki soaked small pcs on hot charcoal is fast and most excellent.   Watch for the bits falling below,  is maddening 🤦‍♀️🎣🤦‍♀️

droppedit

I could watch these videos all day Gary. Such a treat watching the left hand knowing what the right hand is doing. Sad seeing the last butt of the year but definitely looking forward to the 1st of 2019.

Dave
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

gstours

Hey thanks buddy,  I,m glad to be done ✅. The weather worsens here, and I've got more time now to edit pictures,  and fix stuff.🤦‍♀️
   There's always something to do.  Enjoy life.  Go fishing.🎣

Dominick

Kind of sad to see the season end.  It's time to hunker down for the winter.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Steve-O

Gary, just like your pic except right before we plop it into the coconut oil, I roll or sprinkle coconut flakes onto the battered fish.

Any fish leftover from the grill goes to me for lunches as salmon, halibut or rockfish mixed with Mayo and sweet relish. Then into a soft tortilla or 13-grain bread sandwich.

Gobi King

Good fishing Gary, with warm days it is hard to imagine arctic freeze is coming.

When you start fishing again in Spring?
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

gstours

Thanks for the interest in my measly post.  Butt really it's part of my life.🤦‍♀️🎣🚣‍♀️
   Another twist to the battered halibut is using coconut flour in with the flour, baking powder, beer.
      The coconut flakes are great as well,  especially when paired w some shrimp 🍤.  Butt pinko on the last is pretty good too.   Mmmm,m.  I'm getting hungry 😋.   Thanks.

El Pescador

Gary,

You're KILL'n me man!!!!

I had the same breakfast I've had for 30+ years - 2 slices of whole wheat toast with jam.

Today's jam was Chokecherry jam made by a 70 yr. old Aunt from rural farmland North Dakota!!!

Great, BUTT nothing like your halibut recipe!!!!

I'm off to work,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Thanks Wayneo,  Choke cherry 🍒,  maybe a midwestern bush?  I'm sure it's good if any body that old made it.  My grandma made gooseberry jam and it was great, butt unheard of in a store.
    Home maid stuff is very satisfying.   Tell the old broad hello 👋 from Alaska.💁‍♂️
          Thanks for sharing.  Just saying.