Gold Bars

Started by xjchad, October 15, 2018, 09:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Caught my first surf fish on the light rod in over a year on my lunch break today.
Not all Mondays are bad  :)

Husband, Father, Fisherman

ChileRelleno

Nice, way to go breaking that long streak.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

JoseCuervo

Nice fish, and you are lucky to fish on lunch, I am jealous.

A couple of months ago my brother caught this BSP in front of the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz. It was the biggest I had ever seen and much bigger than what they catch in SoCal as he told me. (18 inches is the state record, IIRC). Those boys love a nice, fat, sand crab.

xjchad

That is a really nice one!
My biggest is 15" but not too rare if you know the spots.
Tell him congrats for me!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

theswimmer

Nice Shakey red !
Nice fish also.....
We have done very well in the SC area all summer with my big one being a  nice  undersize ling off the pier at night.
Tons of bait all summer , mostly anchovies .
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Swami805

Nice one Chad,fishing for lunch,good call! That's a good spot by your office.
That SC perch is a monster! I caught a bunch up there with my grandson but all dinks.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

conchydong

Nice work. What is the real name of that fish? As a Floridian, I am always interested in species that are strange to us. What kind of table fare is it?

Scott

ChileRelleno

Quote from: conchydong on October 15, 2018, 11:55:59 PM
Nice work. What is the real name of that fish? As a Floridian, I am always interested in species that are strange to us. What kind of table fare is it?

Scott
Barred Surfperch, Amphistichus argenteus
Size/Creel, 12"/5
As table fare they're pretty good.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Benni3

That reel and rod looks like fun fishing  ;D